Pelligrini ensures legend status

Pellers is a vastly overrated stop-gap manager whom City happened to sign. He's had a run of luck in some teams - but really - he's shit. He demotivated numerous players in our side and we failed to perform.

Mancini lost the dressing room and management due to his combative nature - at the same time Mancini was, IMO, always viewed, by ownership, as a stop-gap until we could get Pep.

At any rate, Pellers is vastly overrated - our worst manager in modern times.
Very harsh. In the top 5 most successful managers in our history and first to take us to chumps lge semi. His teams scored for fun. He’s no Pep but he served us well.

Pellers is a vastly overrated stop-gap manager whom City happened to sign. He's had a run of luck in some teams - but really - he's shit. He demotivated numerous players in our side and we failed to perform.

Mancini lost the dressing room and management due to his combative nature - at the same time Mancini was, IMO, always viewed, by ownership, as a stop-gap until we could get Pep.

Bollocks. The football we played under Pellegrini in his first season was absolutely sublime. We scored a shitload and were fantastic. I think under Pep we've only outscored that season once. We made big errors in the market, whether that was Pellegrini or at the top I'm not sure, but he came in probably in full knowledge we wanted Pep and did a fantastic job with the club bringing in the first league and domestic cup double in our history and three trophies in three years whilst enabling Pep to come in and make his mark on the team without years of issues.

If modern times are Mancini, Pellegrini and Pep then Pellegrini comes out bottom purely because Mancini ended the drought and Pep has smashed all records. But Pellegrini deserves more respect than that.

Bollocks. The football we played under Pellegrini in his first season was absolutely sublime. We scored a shitload and were fantastic. I think under Pep we've only outscored that season once. We made big errors in the market, whether that was Pellegrini or at the top I'm not sure, but he came in probably in full knowledge we wanted Pep and did a fantastic job with the club bringing in the first league and domestic cup double in our history and three trophies in three years whilst enabling Pep to come in and make his mark on the team without years of issues.

If modern times are Mancini, Pellegrini and Pep then Pellegrini comes out bottom purely because Mancini ended the drought and Pep has smashed all records. But Pellegrini deserves more respect than that.

Give Pep Fernando, Mangala, Bony, Navas and an obligatory reliance on an aging Demichelis and Lampard, then see what a genius he is.

His last year was sabotaged by the awareness he was seeing out the season ahead of Pep’s arrival. Sterling, De Bruyne and Otamendi all signed to play for Guardiola.

With mostly the same squad plus reinforcements, Guardiola didn’t do much better in 2016/17. Then he went and spent another £1b+.

Pellegrini played the best football seen at City - overlapping fullbacks, 2 strikers, and facilitated the best versions of Toure, Nasri, Silva and Aguero. FFP sabotaged his legacy in the way it didn’t Mancini or Pep. I’d have loved to have seen Grealish and Foden under him.

One of the most ignorant posts I've read in a long time, and that takes some doing. Offensive to the 2 managers, club management and knowledgeable supporters. One of most ridiculous posts in modern times..

Very harsh. In the top 5 most successful managers in our history and first to take us to chumps lge semi. His teams scored for fun. He’s no Pep but he served us well.
But do you remember how we approached our home leg of the CL semi-final at the Etihad? We were beaten before we kicked off.
Pellegrini rode on the shoulders of Mancini in his first season and it went downhill from there. His last season was dire and I think we only qualified for CL on the last day of season.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.