Pembrokeshire - Camper van

Folly Farm, Heatherton and Oakwood - for fun days out.

Freshwater East and West - surfing

Take a boat trip - plenty to chose from

Tenby - Buccaneer (pub) and Plantagenet (restaurant)

Saundersfoot - Fish n Chips from the Marina, you can go crabbing too

Stackpole with Barafundle Bay great beach think you have to walk a bit to get to the beach via a car park owned by the National Trust

Wisemans worth a visit .

Preseli Hills

And that's the tip of the iceberg without mentioning St Davids and the Gower which is around the corner.

Get yourselves down to Porth Gain when you're near St Davids and have a meal in The Sloop. The Shed, next to it is good but basically a very expensive chippy.
Walked through Porth Gain today
A circular from the Blue lagoon (which wasn't very blue! See pic) along the coastal path to Aberdawr and then cross country back

20210629_145028.jpg

Can’t beat Tenby for beaches, good walk from there to Saundersfoot and further on through tunnels and the like along the coastal path. Quite a lot more up and down than you’d expect for a coastal walk.

Already mentioned, but Folly Farm is worth a visit for families, as is Pembroke Castle.

If ancient history interests you then visit this place, Pentre Ifan burial chamber, a sort of smaller but older Stonehenge. We always pay it a visit during our annual holiday down that way, very atmospheric and knowing that people were building this thousands of years ago still fills me with awe when walking among it, history you can touch. There is nothing else there and its in the middle of nowhere( a few miles from newport sands), but thats the way we like it.
That hill in the background is an easy hike to the summit which was once a stone age fort and has cracking views of the coast around Newport(scenic photo). I envy you as we wont be going this year or last year, so have a great time.mixed 090.jpg
mixed 107.jpg

If ancient history interests you then visit this place, Pentre Ifan burial chamber, a sort of smaller but older Stonehenge. We always pay it a visit during our annual holiday down that way, very atmospheric and knowing that people were building this thousands of years ago still fills me with awe when walking among it, history you can touch. There is nothing else there and its in the middle of nowhere( a few miles from newport sands), but thats the way we like it.
That hill in the background is an easy hike to the summit which was once a stone age fort and has cracking views of the coast around Newport(scenic photo). I envy you as we wont be going this year or last year, so have a great time.View attachment 20402
View attachment 20399
We're in Newport which you can see in the distance in your first picture
Thanks for this . I'll try and get there today as we leave here for Littlehaven

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.