Penalties - Fail to prepare, prepare to fail

Click here to track the current orbital location of the ball from Micah Richard's Penalty kick:
<a class="postlink" href="http://iss.astroviewer.net/index.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://iss.astroviewer.net/index.php</a>

Dipsis_LTU_MC said:
richardsas.jpg

richardsas.jpg

i dont know whether to laugh or cry at that. You just don't expect that kind of amateur and immature behaviour from a professional footballer.

Plain Speaking said:
3rdgenerationblue said:
we lost on purpose. definitely.
I disagree. Poor technique lost us the shootout.

IMO Lack of conviction contributed with misses by Sinclair and Milner and lack of intelligence contributed to Micah's joke of a penalty.
You can just imagine him saying " I'm just going to kick it as hard as I can!" Not enough awareness that he has to actually direct it inside the goal as well.

There could be no excuse about physical exhaustion as sometimes applies after 90 minutes plus extra time because all except Kolarov had only played 45 minutes.

I am convinced if we had prepared better we would have won that shootout, (and possibly the one against Liverpool?)

It was always going to be unlikely we would overtake Liverpool to reach the final after losing the head to head. Milan had been atrocious throughout the tournament.

I hope Liverpool go on to beat United I'm still ABU, but I can imagine a draw with the rags winning on penalties. I cant imagine VG neglecting penalty preparation. They scored 5 from 5 against Roma :-(

Fuckin hell, it's gonna be a long season..

citymad said:
Dipsis_LTU_MC said:

i dont know whether to laugh or cry at that. You just don't expect that kind of amateur and immature behaviour from a professional footballer.

Sorry mate, I have to disagree. As much as I love the lad, this is exactly what I expect of Micah every time he comes flying in.

I knew something awful was about to happen when I saw Micah walk towards the ball. And boy, he didn't disapoint.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.