Penalty Shoot Out's

Jocks Y-Fronts

When Everton beat Chelsea on penalties, Phil Neville scored the winner and took off his shirt.

Question.

Should he / could he have been booked or is the game over when his penalty crosses the line ?

Diouf got red-carded after the final whistle last night, so it's not ridiculous to think he should have a yellow.

Strictly speaking yes, and I am fairly sure having a rat faced twat for a borther is also a booking under clause 17.3.4b and so it should have been a second yellow

Interesting question.

I imagine it would definitely be possible for the FA to take retrospective action. Whether he could be booked by the referee is somewhat debatable.

I will point out though, if I remember rightly, that when we beat Tottenham 4-3 Joey Barton was sent off after the whistle had been blown for half time. It was technically not during game time but the referee was still able to issue the card.

It may be different though because it's half time and not full time.

Dom38 said:
Diouf got red-carded after the final whistle last night, so it's not ridiculous to think he should have a yellow.

Diouf probably assaulted someone and deserved it.

But to get a yellow or red card for scoring a winning penalty would be a bit harsh.<br /><br />-- Thu Mar 03, 2011 4:19 pm --<br /><br />
hello said:
Strictly speaking yes, and I am fairly sure having a rat faced twat for a borther is also a booking under clause 17.3.4b and so it should have been a second yellow

Neville was probably a bad example !!!!

Back in the day when I used to play junior football we had an absolutly shit ref. We got beat in this game and after in the changing rooms we were chanting stuff about the ref and he came in and gave us all a red card, even the subs.

As it happens they didn't stand but it can be done after the final whisltle, not sure when the cut off is though.

The game had ended so he shouldn't be booked.

Otherwise players can't swap shirts etc.

Corky said:
The game had ended so he shouldn't be booked.

Otherwise players can't swap shirts etc.
Spot on, once extra time is up the game has officially ended, the shootout is just a way of deciding the winner. Obviously if misconduct occurs, as with Diouf, a red card can still be issued

I think the ref is in charge from the moment he walks in the stadium to the moment he walks out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.