Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
Given that the match was close to ending, we could have subbed on Steffen and let Eddie take the pen with no risk.

Last edited:
Seems pep leaves it to the players like de does with the captaincy. For this though Pep should make the decision take it out of the players hand. Sergio first choice KDB second Gundogan third choice depending on whose on the pitch.

Did Kev ask Sterling to take it or did Sterling just grab the ball. Was there any discussion about it at Peps post match conf?

Sergio gives me the heeby geebies on pens. I dont think hes a great penalty taker.

His record was pretty good it’s just the last few years his conversion rate dropped one thing though Sterling should not be taking any pens unless it’s a penalty shoot out.

I can’t help feeling that this year’s champions league exit will be on penalties. There‘s not one player who gives me confidence with them.

We are a team that can’t finish. De Bruyne, Sterling, Jesus and Mahrez have all missed several one on ones this season. I expect us to miss when a player is clean through now. Penalties are just an extension of that problem.

I agree, and it’s so frustrating. We have such tremendous players, and all technically excellent. It smacks of a lack of confidence to me.

We need someone with an unshakable confidence, an arrogance almost, to stride up to the spot and know he will score, regardless of any banter from the opposition or fucking about by keepers.

I don’t understand how some of our players can appear so mentally weak sometimes. They’ve won so much and are better than anyone at rags or Liverpool, they should be brimming with confidence and an attitude that says “fuck you, I play for Man City, I’m fucking amazing - who are you just some lower league cannon fodder.”

We’re so good every game should be about increasing our goal difference.

Of course they still need to practice, train and respect the opposition enough so as not to become complacent, but as a club we need to instil some bigger cahunas and winners’ mindset.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.