Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
Anyone but Sterling, you knew he was going to miss last night. He can't actually shoot properly its rather perplexing.
Gundogan is he is on the pitch for me, not because he is that good at them (no one in our team is) but he is German.

He is an awful penalty taker and getting worse at it, I know he has scored a lot of pens but it just disguises a bit of a hit and hope affair.

Tevez was similar

Mario or Yaya, you just never thought they would ever miss, the difference is the chill calm demeanour they exhibit and cooly slotting the ball home, side-footed right in the corners, no keeper is stopping those.

Sterling should never take a pen again, why he keeps grabbing the ball is anybody's guess, he is either brave or dumb.
Watching Sterling heaving down deep breaths, before he took it, was all I needed to see. It was always going to be over or under hit. Assuming Pep didn’t decree it - KDB has to take some responsibility for not taking the ball off him - I can’t believe Sterling was designated penalty taker at that point in the game.

I can only assume he wanted it to boost his confidence... oops. I wouldn’t mind but he hadn’t been on the pitch all that long, and hadn’t done enough to earn the opportunity for a goal.

He is an awful penalty taker and getting worse at it, I know he has scored a lot of pens but it just disguises a bit of a hit and hope affair.

Tevez was similar

Mario or Yaya, you just never thought they would ever miss, the difference is the chill calm demeanour they exhibit and cooly slotting the ball home, side-footed right in the corners, no keeper is stopping those.

Sterling should never take a pen again, why he keeps grabbing the ball is anybody's guess, he is either brave or dumb.
I mean, Aguero’s career penalty conversion rate is 80%.

Balotelli’s is 86%.

I’d hardly suggest that Aguero is an awful penalty taker as it’s not true.

Watching Sterling heaving down deep breaths, before he took it, was all I needed to see. It was always going to be over or under hit. Assuming Pep didn’t decree it - KDB has to take some responsibility for not taking the ball off him - I can’t believe Sterling was designated penalty taker at that point in the game.

I can only assume he wanted it to boost his confidence... oops. I wouldn’t mind but he hadn’t been on the pitch all that long, and hadn’t done enough to earn the opportunity for a goal.
heaving down deep breaths, fucking hell who actually talks like that, do you work for the sun ?

I mean, Aguero’s career penalty conversion rate is 80%.

Balotelli’s is 86%.

I’d hardly suggest that Aguero is an awful penalty taker as it’s not true.
Again you are just looking at that stat and not using your eyes, I did try to explain in my post.

Aguero fills you with no confidence as he steps up and that is getting worse season on season, he has scored a lot of scruffy badly taken penalties but they still go down as converted in your stat.

What was Mario's for City, this is the period I only really care about?

He didn't miss for us and I believe he has missed a few since he left us dragging his stat downwards but that wasn't really the point.

Who would you slap your life savings on to score a penalty in blue in their prime playing for City?

Mario, Yaya = no doubt

Aguero, Tevez = very risky

Sterling = not a fucking chance

What annoys me is when managers say you can’t practice penalties! You can train yourself to hit the ball correctly in the bottom corner with pace if you practice enough it will make it easier when you take a penalty in a pressure situation.

That horrible little weasel at the swamp has scored 35 of his 38 penalties a success ratio of 92%. Ibrahimovic has 87% and the fake Ronaldo 84% whilst Messi is down at 77%.

Sergio is at 78%, Kevin at 80%, Sterling 40%, Gundogan 90% and Mahrez 62.5%.

It is obvious, to even the most stupid, that Mahrez and Sterling should never take a penalty during normal time ever again.

In Sterling's case I would not even nominate him for one in a penalty shoot out. The fact he is so bad at beating the keeper from 12 yards when under no pressure from a defender shows just why he is such a poor finisher during normal play.

heaving down deep breaths, fucking hell who actually talks like that, do you work for the sun ?
Sorry to the word police - I’ll tone down my metaphors for future posts on heavy breathing.

My point being, as the previous poster stated, the likes of Balotelli and Yaya (reliable penalty takers quoted) don’t stand there taking deep breaths in order to compose themselves. If you’re having to do that, leave it to someone else.

It’s not even as though he’d just made a lung busting run seconds before. The game had stopped while VAR checked it and everyone got set.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.