Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
I know he has said that but I think you are taking his words too literal. Obviously he’s going to get player input on who fancies them because a reluctant penalty taker is inevitably a bad penalty taker. But are we seriously going to believe that a manager with as much attention to detail as Guardiola is just totally absolving himself of any decision making on this?

Nobody knows what Gundogan has said on the subject privately. But the fact he hasn’t taken one for City since he missed at Anfield two seasons ago, is pretty strong evidence that he’s not putting himself forward.
Strange with Gundo as he has taken pens for Germany since and is a chance to increase his goal tally.

I know that you need balls of steel to take penalties and so, like Pep, have respect for those that do but the return rate is frankly not acceptable at this level. I've got to the stage now where I expect them to be missed/saved and am pleasantly surprised when they go in. I was actually expecting Haaland to miss on Saturday as well so that was a bonus.

Whether it is technique of they need to draft in someone to team them relaxation techniques (I'm being serious here!) I don't know but something needs to be done. A lot of the missed pens didn't affect the final outcome many do - last night, Copenhagen, Liverpool a couple of seasons ago etc.
West Ham away almost cost us the title. Mahrez should have been banned from pens after that.

Who's FFS?
Come on pal, you mean every single time Mahrez gets the ball and just cuts back and passes it 15 yards to whoever, you dont slump a little bit in your seat and think 'for fuck sake' and lose the will to live? That's not even bringing the penalties into it.

Re-sign Yaya Toure and have him on the bench, ala ‘special teams’. He can waddle on for the penalties and we just operate on a four sub basis.
A cake for pens model, I like it.

Give it a couple more US owners and your special teams quip might become a reality!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.