Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
When Haaland isn't on the pitch I'd like Ederson to be allowed to take one. I think him being a keeper has a big advantage over any outfield player in taking a pen. He has the ability to think like the keeper he is facing to outsmart him. And I think Eddie would be a good penalty taker because he's usually calm under pressure, something Mahrez is definitely not.
Only in a penalty shoot for me, not open play. If saved he would have to scramble back and it is avoidable hassle

Since Pep took over we have missed 25 of the 80 penalties awarded. So thats 31%. Clearly not good enough.
I agree although unsure really what you can do. He has tried different players and tried a "you take them until you miss" option and its still gone wrong.

Mahrez and Gundo regularly put them away in international matches but have failed for us. Seemingly the likes of Foden and KDB don't want them so we are pretty stuck.

shambles

since yaya & mario it is a joke, at least haaland looks a decent pen taker.

ffs pep work on it

It would make things a lot easier if our regular penalty taker was actually on the pitch when City win a penalty. Our last 3 CL games for a start, and without even trying too hard, I can think of 5-6 occasions, particularly in 19/20 when the player taking the penalty hadn't taken the previous one

That last penalty against us was disallowed because as he slipped he somehow managed to kick the ball twice, so it was disallowed. Like others as soon as I see Mahrez with the ball I slump down knowing that he'll miss.
Those are even worse than I thought. As well as all the misses the keepers should have saved a lot of them. Mahrez is truly terrible at penalties.

Rodri has a bang on him so would probably be decent.

Foden has good technique so you'd think he would be good.

I was unable to watch the game live so watched on delay- wife and always agree not to look at spoilers if we can't see the game son real time- but as the warmups were going here was a shot of Pep and we wondered how old he is- so I googled it and the first thing that came up was some interview headline "Pep isn't happy" with a sub line about missing PKs. I immediately knew something would happen where Haaland was not in and Mehrez took the PJK and missed. Every season I have an albatross player- he's it this year.

You gotta go hammer vs scalpel in PKs. We don't have one of those fancy twinkle toes hop skip takers like Fernandes or Jorginho. Jesus sorta tried that BS but it never really took.

Haaland sprints up like a mad man and slams it in- Gundo and Kev place the ball with accuracy but you see where they are now in the pking order. Rules out Bernie, Foden as they'd be placers vs bangers. Rodri has a cannon- so IMO if not the Nordic Cyborg it's gotta be Rodri. Of course it'll never be Eddie- IDK.
It shouldn't be so damn hard.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.