Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
We have coaches for keepers , corners , free kicks , throw ins etc etc , you would think we would have a coach for penalties , which should be one of the priorities , Le Tissier has packed in Sky Sports maybe he be persuaded to do a couple of days with our lads , he has to be one of the best penalty takers ever in the Premier league.

2019? Or the 2020 one IG v Spurs when we got beat 2-0 in the end and killed the league chances completely.

The Serg one v Chelsea in 2021 meant we won the league on a non-match day and a massive anti-climax in lock down, or KDB v Liverpool when we were well behind them early in the season.

The Mahrez misses in the last 2 games cost £3.81m

According to Transfermarkt he’s missed four for City. Liverpool, West Ham, Dortmund and Copenhagen. All draws. They have him down for scoring one against Tottenham in a 3-2 defeat.

2019? Or the 2020 one IG v Spurs when we got beat 2-0 in the end and killed the league chances completely.

The Serg one v Chelsea in 2021 meant we won the league on a non-match day and a massive anti-climax in lock down, or KDB v Liverpool when we were well behind them early in the season.

The Mahrez misses in the last 2 games cost £3.81m
Do we get £ per goal? How does that work? Anyway, it can be docked from his wages. Mind. if money was docked the players wouldn't want to take one. Perhaps we could have a raffle of those in SSL1 front row?

I’m also for Ederson having a go.

In my opinion, I don’t think your scenario is realistic. Ederson is not going to be trying to slot it with a cultured finish. He’s obviously going to just try and fucking hammer it as if he were taking a goal kick (ala Joe Hart versus Galaxy). No keeper saves them it’s just a matter of whether they’re on target or not.

The bigger risk is if it clatters off the crossbar and bounces back into play, which I think is very small.

People worry about this risk but has it ever actually happened in any game where a keeper has taken a free kick or pen? Genuinely curious - there’s been plenty of opportunities as have been cited.

Happened in Germany with that Hans Jorg Butt who used to take penalties, kind of, he did score the pen.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.