Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
In the PL he bagged only 11 goals. He's a flat track bully who pads his stats with goals against Norwich, Leicester and Brighton. Or in the CL against tier 4 teams or the FA Cup against 3rd round poor teams.

If we were 1-0 down against a top team and down to one last Sub, would you bring him on? He would do nothing. I still have a damaged shin from when he skied over the bar against the Dippers last season.

He is as close as you can get in the modern game to an old fashioned winger. And wingers are by definition frustrating players sometimes. I’ll defy anyone to take off their blue tinted specs and say that any of the great City wingers of the past couldn’t be frustrating as fuck on occasions.

Mahrez has contributed more than most to our success over the last four years.

Nobody should be immune from criticism. I had a pop at DeBruyne last week after the Liverpool game and he’s one of the best players I’ve ever seen pull on the shirt.

But to write Mahrez off as “shit” or a “show pony” as someone else has described him on here, is going beyond reasoned criticism. It’s disrespectful in my opinion and probably a bit ignorant to.

In the PL he bagged only 11 goals. He's a flat track bully who pads his stats with goals against Norwich, Leicester and Brighton. Or in the CL against tier 4 teams or the FA Cup against 3rd round poor teams.
He may have 'only' scored 11, but he was our top scorer, so your criticism is relevant to every other player in the squad too. Remember, the false 9 system effectively shares the goals around the squad, rather than one individual getting loads. From memory, we had more players get into double figures goals-wise than any other team.

I won't argue about Mahrez being crap this season so far, as he has been poor, and agree he should no longer be on penalty duty. But lets not pretend he hasn't contributed to our success

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.