Penalty Taker

Who should take penalties if Haaland is not on the pitch?

• Total voters
Shearer used to score penalty after penalty. If he was one on one with the keeper 90% of the time he would score, in crucial goal scoring moments he wouldnt crumble. He wasnt particularly skillful player but he had the right mindset, so does Kane. Determined, confident, professional, nerves of steel - Ederson.

It would set a new precedent in the premier but if City could accept the shitstorm from the media and if our strikers would accept the snub I think it could be beneficial

you can train all day long taking pens but its meaningless when it comes the the game and taking one under pressure, BUT and its a big but Jesus should not last on the list on players taking them

their is a big step for jesus to take in changing his style because i feel its sloppy ?? the run up and the stop step and side foot is giving the keeper half a chance, its the lack of power in the kick and if you don't hit it low and into one of the bottom corners then the keeper fill fancy it all day

chelsea's jorginho is the same style as jesus but he picks the bottom corners and if you watch last night's pen he took he just rolls them in because the keeper can not get to it in time, that is the key to that style of pen low and bottom corner

i will also say if VAR and the officials did their jobs proper jesus would have had another chance or should i say city and pep maybe would have let somebody else step up

I would give a try as well. He just has to score, no miss allowed.
On the other hand Ed wouldn't be the strongest message about our field players and strikers...

Sadly our penalties say a lot about our overall conversion mentality.
That has to change.
Kev won't take them for mental reasons, he hates it.
Fern the same. Dave as well.
Great ballers all of them but don't like that pressure.

Last night I thought Zinchenko would have been my man without Gundy.
I agree totally with your point about our conversion rate. Sergio aside our finishing is woeful, chance after chance spurned with powderpuff shots hit with a lack of conviction.

I don’t understand how men who are mentally tough enough to win 14 games on the bounce under unbelievable pressure to win the league can’t step up to convert a penalty with the odds hugely in their favour. What the fuck is wrong with em ?

The best penalty taker is Gundogan, so when he is in the team it should be him. When Gundogan is not playing it should be KDB

I haven’t seen a worse penalty than the Atlanta penalty ever. It was worse than Diana Ross’ in the 94 World Cup. It was 2 metres wide and if it had been on target, the keeper would have had time to dive the wrong way, get up and walk back the other way to stop the ball. It was embarrassing.

sorry meant to quote you saying last night’s miss was worse than Atlanta. I agree last night’s was dreadful too though.

what’s worse is that I expected it both times.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.