Pending "Milner tap up" Wums 'ala Everton Saga

vincent said:
What I want to know is why nobody has slagged off Barca when their vice-president came out this week and said 'negotiations with fabregas were complete' - even though no fee with arsenal or no approach had been made.

They aren't owned by Arabs. I'm convinced that there is a lot of racism involved in the media and the way they report us. Same with Mancini and the fact that he is Italian. Good old Arry can be as dodgy as fuck but they just love him.

GaudinoMotors said:
1_barry_conlon said:
What restrictions? As far as i'm aware we've put a bid in for a player...nothing wrong with that.

Look I know what you are saying - but step back from it and look how it is preceived without blue tinted glasses on.
It may be perfectly allowable what we have done - but after all the criticism and accusations we immediately set ourselves up again.
I want good players to come but I question the way we instigate going about it.

I've stood back, i've took off my blue tinted specs and i'm reading it again.

We have bid for a player in the transfer window, one of two times you can do it. What is wrong with that and what are these restrictions you're going on about?

Question the way we go about it? We bid for a player,we offer a fee, we don't shout about it. If they want to leak it to the press that's their problem.

To me you're sounding like the 'we should know our place' gang and only make a move when all the 'big boys' have had their fill.

1_barry_conlon said:
GaudinoMotors said:
Look I know what you are saying - but step back from it and look how it is preceived without blue tinted glasses on.
It may be perfectly allowable what we have done - but after all the criticism and accusations we immediately set ourselves up again.
I want good players to come but I question the way we instigate going about it.

We have bid for a player in the transfer window, one of two times you can do it. What is wrong with that and what are these restrictions you're going on about?

Question the way we go about it? We bid for a player,we offer a fee, we don't shout about it. If they want to leak it to the press that's their problem.

Ok we can do nothing that can be criticised - that must be why everyone is saying what a good bid it is all round and how great it is that City have done this so soon.

Fergie will state his interest soon and he won't get flack because it will be us that forced his hand.

Oh - and leak to the press - I heard about this last Sunday in open conversation.

Whats to say that it was Villa and not Man City who leaked the bid to the press?

With my Villa specs on I see it that the existence of a bid was leaked and Villa responded to that leak by issuing a statement in which they acknowledge the bid and say it was rejected? Given Villa's past form, both in terms of transfers in and out of Villa Park, I think it's unlikely that we leaked it.

I would say that Man City leaked it in order to get the press talking and turn the head of the player. I don't like it but it's the way football is done these days.

GaudinoMotors said:
1_barry_conlon said:

Ok we can do nothing that can be criticised - that must be why everyone is saying what a good bid it is all round and how great it is that City have done this so soon.

Fergie will state his interest soon and he won't get flack because it will be us that forced his hand.

Oh - and leak to the press - I heard about this last Sunday in open conversation.

Well bearing in mind it was in the papers over the weekend it isn't a surprise is it?

You still haven't answered re restrictions? What's going be restricted bearing in mind we are following the rules.

Appears to me that you're another one of those who thinks we should know our place and keep schtum until everyone else has had their bids, either accepted or not. That's the problem with this club, too many people happy to accept mediocrity instead of grabbing the bull by the horns.

And this isn't a pro Milner thread as i think we can do better for the price.

1_barry_conlon said:
GaudinoMotors said:

Well bearing in mind it was in the papers over the weekend it isn't a surprise is it?

You still haven't answered re restrictions? What's going be restricted bearing in mind we are following the rules.

Appears to me that you're another one of those who thinks we should know our place and keep schtum until everyone else has had their bids, either accepted or not. That's the problem with this club, too many people happy to accept mediocrity instead of grabbing the bull by the horns.

And this isn't a pro Milner thread as i think we can do better for the price.

Yeah I`m the trouble with the club - but perhaps you are - got the money and think that is all that counts. Nice cliche about accepting mediocrity - if you had actually read what I wrote you would know I too want what you want - decent players - I just think our transfer method matches your outlook.
What I was saying about the leak was it wasn't just AV that weren't being tight lipped - we didn't seem to have any concerns about that.
Restrictions - well unless you have been living on mars you will know that there are all sorts of proposals and plans being discussed about clubs expenditure, at the FA at UEFA and even FIFA.
It won't be as simple as just getting etihad to sponsor us for 200 mil believe me.
I grant you it is a difficult one - when restrictions come in we'll probably be saying we should have taken advantage of our financial muscle more when we could - or alternatively we might be saying we should have curbed it a little and the restrictions might not have been rushed in?
Re bids - they just dont get accepted or not like that - agents get involved - they tout the player elsewhere etc - one club putting a bid in first wouldn't rule us out by any stretch.

WE have done absolutely NOTHING wrong or to be ashamed of. Other clubs have
already done business including the scum, don't see them being pilloried do you ?
TBH I could care less how we are percieved by other clubs or the media. Once
we start winning stuff they will be up our arse just like they are with the other
so called top clubs. Give it long enough and even Taggart's bumboy Whelan will
be pulling his keks down for City.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
Villa have 100 times the class Everton do, I'm sure we will work out a deal that will make both parties happy, or we will move on, none of the crap we got from Everton.

I agree. We will have a top price we are prepared to pay, I would imagine and if they don't accept, we will move on. That price will be well over the odds, no doubt and therefore they will probably accept it but if they don't, I can't see us just going higher and higher. Unless the club have decided that Milner is absolutely pivotal to the future and they don't think they can turn to anyone else. But I doubt that is the case. I think the difference with Lescott was not just that we were dealing with Everton but also that it was getting towards the end of the window, Hughes felt he desperately needed a centre back, he'd spent quite a while arsing around with John Terry and rightly or wrongly, I don't think he felt he had any alternatives at that point. In short, Hughes was desperate and they knew it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.