Penny for the guy

I remember when we were collecting stuff for the bonty ('bonfire' to some) we called it 'loggin'. Don't know why as there were no logs involved, only old doors, mattresses & anything else that would burn well. It usually started mid-October. Best part was building a den out of said doors & mattresses, only to burn it down on the 5th November. Must have been some logic there. Anyway, the attraction in burning Catholics soon disappeared when I ended up marrying one. Lol.

You must be a bit posh calling it that musty. We called ours a bonty.

My dad used to call any fire we had a bonty, leaves, grass etc etc not the one in the house though, we only put ' nutty slack ' on that one.
Nowadays you can probably get an App for it and sit in the comfort of a darkened room sporting a pair of oversized thumbs never knowing the fun you could actually have. Then coming home covered in soot and shite and stinking to high heaven.

best job i ever had, 1 month on 11 off
Unbelievable that the actual fire was in the middle of the road/street, dont remember what happened to the remains. The treacle toffee "spike" was a bonanza for dentists, replacing fillings, and being able to see and hear the Belle Vue "battles" from miles away.

They are bloody dangerous, sold to idiots are an antisocial nuisance.

All firework sales should be banned and only officially approved and properly run displays permitted.

Were you ever young and daft and reckless, or born a curmudgeon?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.