Pep’s Spurs (H) Post-Match Interview

A point that’s kind of been lost is that it seems Pep is not too happy with the board either and he’s playing a bit of a public game with them to get more players in the summer. In my opinion, making a point that our net spend is not that high lately compared to our rivals and saying he wants more from “the whole organisation”, can only mean one thing… even the board are resting on their laurels. Pep has probably laid out to them how much of an overhaul is needed for us to be winners again, and they mustn’t agree. First signs of a disagreement between him and the board imo. At least in public anyway. He’s at war with board, players and fans and I find myself 100% on his side. He knows what it takes to win, and to win consistently. And we don’t have it any more.

First of all,I didn't boo,too old for that shit,just shook my head as I stormed away from my seat like a wanker to go and have a puff on my vape at HT.

But this proves to me that Pep does not get us,never has and never will.

I have seen the outburst he has given,and I will say it now,as a supporter and match goer for over 40 years,he will never know what it is like to be a City fan,never,because if he did he would know that we have never taken anything for granted,the shit people my age have seen far outweighs the good times we have seen over the last 10 years or so.

Complacent ?, Comfortable ? ...fucking never has any City fan had that luxury in all the years I've been going,it's always been a case of edge of seat stuff,not knowing what the fuck will happen,all part of the buzz I guess.

He wants his team back ?, well stop being Ranieri number fucking 2 then,and playing players in wrong positions,he has the best squad,by far,in the league,but has an outburst like this after an incredible comeback like last night,weird as fuck that.

This rant could have been boiling away in his head for a while,fine,but don't take it out on the match going fans,oh sorry,the away fans are ok,they are the best.Yea ok

I'll be there Sunday to support the team,as per,not him,his team,he can go fuck himself after that outburst,I'm more fuming at it than he will ever be,just no need for the interviews he has given.

And before all the do gooders start chomping away about best manager we have ever had blah blah blah,respect works both ways
You will upset some on here with your thoughts you naughty boy

Neither can Pep have it both ways?

I booed them off at half-time because it was not up to our standards and hasn't been for weeks.

Booing the performance is an important distinction, demanding the team find the level it has set and trying to get a reaction.

We played shit at Southampton and for an hour at United, and neither were in front of our own fans.

Pep sprinkled a few home thruths into his rant, some more than valid, but it lies somewhere in between.

It's reverse psychology for dummies and another example that Pep is also not the same person and easily triggered, whether citing net spend trophies, publicly digging out an overweight player, or playing Cancelo on the right wing and then hooking him.

The crowd is disengaged at times, but he's out of order for a few things and he would know it if he didn't live in a complete footballing, lavish bubble.

Our brand of football can be beautiful, but lacks intensity, pace and power, so the majority of the crowd mirror our football, passive until it produces an outcome or reaction?

Other factors will always include the ridiculous cost of tickets. If the Club wants middle class fans and foreign tourists, you will get the crowd you deserve.

City don't want some twentysomething off the local estate spitting bile and spending nothing at the tills while they are there.

Pep doesn't need to tell me this team is way off it.

Guess what, you are paid £20m a year, you see them every day in training, you pick the team.

Sometimes it is simply on Pep, or the players.

I would never tell another fan how to support the team, whether it be at the game or in their own front room.

I'm as hungry as ever for success, never complacent about what we have won.

I'm now 48, however. I'm not the stupid 18 year kid who once shamelessly hissed gas noises at Spurs fans, simply because everyone else did it, sang Munich chants and stood outside the away end goading away supporters.

I'm a dad, I want to sit and enjoy the game with my son, I've lived a fan era which has long since passed. United, Liverpool, I am out of my seat a lot more.

Performances and rivalries will always dictate an atmosphere and level of hostility, same goes for a sense of injustice.

Otherwise we are just self-aware Scousers or Palace fans.
Spot fucking on mate.

You will upset some on here with your thoughts you naughty boy

Don't care mate,never seen a manager of City,and there's been a few in my lifetime call us out like that,maybe it's his way of playing mind games,but I'm not understanding this at all,especially after a win.

Last Saturday he should have erupted,not last night

Should have had his rant before the Saints game, that performance can not be blamed on the fans.
Pep doesn't have a problem with the away fans, during the Sky post match interview he called them the best. But the home fans? mmm. Those away fans will be dotted around the Etihad and the noise and passion they generate (away) is lost in a cauldron of meh. It's a vicious circle of expectation from the fans, many of whom have gorged themselves to excess on our successes and the players, who have done it all, won it all (CL aside) and been involved in many exciting comebacks like that last night. We need more fire, everywhere.

Itll be off the scale if we start how we played the 2nd half last night.fast, intense, Direct.

If we start slow and sideways we’ll soon be bored into silence again.
Thats literally the deal for me. I react to how the team plays.

I'm glad Pep said what he said, it needed saying.
But there's also truth to what you say. The variety of side-to-side possession-based football that characterised the first half — and it was slooooooowwwww side-to-side, by God it was! — and has characterised so many other halves this season is not exactly designed to get any stadium rocking.
Might be wrong, but I think we had one actual on-target shot in the first half. And that was by our marvellous right back! Who is, so far, the single best thing about this season.
Just out of interest — I wasn't there, saw it on the telly, (can't get over at present, finances won't allow) — was the place rocking in the second half? Because if it wasn't, given what was going on, then I don't know what people want as a spectacle. I was doing my nut (and made a fool of myself in front of strangers…)

A recent interview with Kompany! This man is our next manager he has it!

Vincent Kompany>

"I think complacency is the biggest threat there is to our game and the way we play at the moment. When it becomes complacent it becomes a little bit soft.

"Sean Dyche was here before me and this club has always been hard and had a natural aggressiveness about the players anyway. That grit is something that's so important, and I wanted to carry that on just to see the ways we could make that even more a part of what we do.

The only difference between the 1st half and 2nd this evening - Same players, same system, just willing to take more risks

Pep is not beyond criticism
Overall he is, you and the ones who criticise will be the same ones who complain about our next Manager when Pep has gone and we're scrapping for top 4. He's an elite Manager and we're very lucky to have him, you should appreciate that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.