Pep, 2016-17 Ticket Prices etc.

And there's the problem. The OSC won't rock the boat. They wouldn't even get involved is the campaign to get rid of Swales as they felt that they shouldn't be involved in club politics. I can understand that to a large degree but something like this should be at the top of their agenda. If they're not there to represent the interests of their members then what are they there for?
1 guess

And there's the problem. The OSC won't rock the boat. They wouldn't even get involved is the campaign to get rid of Swales as they felt that they shouldn't be involved in club politics. I can understand that to a large degree but something like this should be at the top of their agenda. If they're not there to represent the interests of their members then what are they there for?

To just blag as many tickets as they can regardless of cost.......

The truth of the matter is that the demographic of fans supporting MCFC is drawn from fairly deprived area's of Manchester. I do know that sounds terribly general but that would be the case for the majority of people I see in my block. Overall, we are not a rich bunch of fans and that, apparently was one of the stipulations our owner put on his search for a club to invest in. It had to be predominantly a 'blue collar' fan base. This coupled with the new TV deal and death knell of ffp lead me to an optimistic forecast that the club will at least freeze prices for a while.

But unless you are missing best part of ten games a season, you would still be ahead, surely?

And if you are missing ten games a season, perhaps you are actually out of pocket as things stand.

Remember, the club would be offering a 30 per cent reduction in the first instance, that could be as much as a £225 on a big-standard £750 season ticket.

Essentially you could still afford to miss ten and be £25 quid up. All the time, your season ticket price didn't go up.

Everyone will have individual circumstances to miss games, but this idea would kill two birds with one stone. In addition, those people who do somehow get to attend every game, also get the r200 loyalty points, and making Platinum redundant.

The club can't cater for every individual, but what they can do, is be much more considerate across the entire base, and also address the empty seats. City presently have our money, should we attend or not, this would be a great gesture on the part of the club and the maximum discount is entirely down the supporter, once the 30 per cent is levied.

I understand what you're trying to get at mate, but there is still the other point that I made to another poster
There are already a number of people who buy season cards that pick and choose games to attend
Reducing the cost wouldn't penalise them, only IMO make things worse

Also, who would benefit from the reduction in cost?
As City have sold the season card allocation for this season and current season card holders get first dibs on renewals, only existing S/C holders. Which means people who can already afford to go and not those from lesser incomes

Like I said, I do not agree with it entirely. It is merely a suggestion for a compromise with the club. You have to be realistic and accept you won't get everything you want. I was merely saying, the positives outweigh the negatives of the compulsory cup schemes. Of course there are other compromises, other than compulsory cup schemes, that could be suggested. I was just throwing one option out.

"It doesn't stop middle class season ticket holders, who can already afford £750 for a season card, buying cheaper tickets and not turning up"

In terms of getting people in seats, I think some good suggestions have already been made on this thread. Getting people who already have tickets to turn up is something the club needs to work on drastically.

I agree with all you say here.

I just think on the earlier point about cup schemes, another Blue made a good suggestion of giving a discount to encourage fans to sign up for all three schemes.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.