Pep, 2016-17 Ticket Prices etc.

Work means most of the weekday matches are out for me..... Joining a Cup Scheme is also out. Will be going to the Kiev game though. £30 + £5 for my boy is OK for two.

This season ticket pricing is gathering some pace around the country now, lets hope in the near future clubs listen and act, we can hope.

my seasoncard costs considerably more than £750 a season....i am in no way "middle class".....where has that bollocks come from?

I didn't call you middle class. Read my post again

Oh and ................

enfield1_203x150.jpg

it appears most clubs are either freezing or reducing ticket prices this year. I think liverpool fans really helped with that and more action like that might be needed in the future. Hopefully we will see a small reduction in season ticket costs. Match day tickets need reducing the most though, if every prem game was 30 quid that would be fair imo.

We used to have a forum called Points of Blue, which any fan could attend. Meetings were held at the Etihad three of four times a year and there would be people like Vicky Kloss, Sara Billington, Peter Fletcher there for the club. You could bring up anything and discuss it with the club and they could tell us what was happening and what they could or couldn't do. So one thing we achieved was that we got an understanding about which would be standing areas and which wouldn't in PoB. It also helped that it was fans who generally attended home and away games, so really knew all the problems and had some good suggestions. But that was stopped when Soriano came along and replaced by City Voice.

We do have an Official Supporters Club - have they said anything on the issue? There are people on here who belong to branches so has anything been said at branch meetings?

This hits the nail on the head. We need the Official Supporters Club, to produce a proposal to the club and to make the proposals public. This should be done before the club annouces their ticket prices. We have to have a change of mindset, ticket prices should be seen as an negotiation, rather than an announcement. If the Supporters Club went public with a proposal, got in the news, this would pressure the club before announcing the prices. When the club then annouce the prices, they will of course fall short of what we had hoped, but then we can go back and argue before agreeing a final deal. We really need to unite and stand up for our rights as fans now.

We used to have a forum called Points of Blue, which any fan could attend. Meetings were held at the Etihad three of four times a year and there would be people like Vicky Kloss, Sara Billington, Peter Fletcher there for the club. You could bring up anything and discuss it with the club and they could tell us what was happening and what they could or couldn't do. So one thing we achieved was that we got an understanding about which would be standing areas and which wouldn't in PoB. It also helped that it was fans who generally attended home and away games, so really knew all the problems and had some good suggestions. But that was stopped when Soriano came along and replaced by City Voice.

We do have an Official Supporters Club - have they said anything on the issue? There are people on here who belong to branches so has anything been said at branch meetings?

I know about the POB meetings and although I would have liked to attend I couldn't because of other commitments
The club may have looked upon it as the same 30 or so people turning up every meeting, so wasn't representative of the 35,000 season card holders at that time (and the 400 million "followers" worldwide ;-))
The only real way of lobbying all clubs is by the vast majority of season ticket holders of all clubs joining one organisation, or each individual club's supporter groups getting organised so that say they have 60/70% of season ticket holders affiliated to a group that represents them
Those supporters then have to stick together. So If a protest similar to the Liverpool one was organised, then all 70% of them would have to walk out

I would be really fucking annoyed if this was introduced
League matches are Saturday 3pm and occasional Tuesday or Wednesday evenings
However, due to television, these can be changed to early or late Saturday, any fucking time on Sunday, Monday night and aren't they thinking of Fridays now as well!
It's already difficult enough to attend due to fixture changes, so a fine must be out of the question
Look at the Everton league match a few weeks ago. I was in Essex, left work early and gave up trying to get to the stadium at 7.35pm when I was stuck in the M56 traffic at the airport
I was really pissed off that I'd missed the game that I'd tried my absolute best to attend and had already paid for and I can only imagine how fucking furious I'd have been if I'd also been fined

But unless you are missing best part of ten games a season, you would still be ahead, surely?

And if you are missing ten games a season, perhaps you are actually out of pocket as things stand.

Remember, the club would be offering a 30 per cent reduction in the first instance, that could be as much as a £225 on a big-standard £750 season ticket.

Essentially you could still afford to miss ten and be £25 quid up. All the time, your season ticket price didn't go up.

Everyone will have individual circumstances to miss games, but this idea would kill two birds with one stone. In addition, those people who do somehow get to attend every game, also get the r200 loyalty points, and making Platinum redundant.

The club can't cater for every individual, but what they can do, is be much more considerate across the entire base, and also address the empty seats. City presently have our money, should we attend or not, this would be a great gesture on the part of the club and the maximum discount is entirely down the supporter, once the 30 per cent is levied.

This hits the nail on the head. We need the Official Supporters Club, to produce a proposal to the club and to make the proposals public. This should be done before the club annouces their ticket prices. We have to have a change of mindset, ticket prices should be seen as an negotiation, rather than an announcement. If the Supporters Club went public with a proposal, got in the news, this would pressure the club before announcing the prices. When the club then annouce the prices, they will of course fall short of what we had hoped, but then we can go back and argue before agreeing a final deal. We really need to unite and stand up for our rights as fans now.

I attend our Branch Supporters Club meetings and I don't really think that the OSC are that concerned about ticket prices more about how many tickets branches can get. Having attended some of the OSC meetings, granted not for the past 12 months or so, they were more worried about losing the allocation than really lobbying the club on prices or anything else for that matter.

I know about the POB meetings and although I would have liked to attend I couldn't because of other commitments
The club may have looked upon it as the same 30 or so people turning up every meeting, so wasn't representative of the 35,000 season card holders at that time (and the 400 million "followers" worldwide ;-))
The only real way of lobbying all clubs is by the vast majority of season ticket holders of all clubs joining one organisation, or each individual club's supporter groups getting organised so that say they have 60/70% of season ticket holders affiliated to a group that represents them
Those supporters then have to stick together. So If a protest similar to the Liverpool one was organised, then all 70% of them would have to walk out

Having attended quite a few PoB meetings I can state that it wasn't the same 30 or so people. Firstly there were more than 30 people there and secondly what does it matter how many attend as long as we were getting the point over to the club? We were representative of the fan base at that time as we were people who attended matches home and away and knew the problems.

Your suggestion of people joining one organisation is a little strange really as that is what those people who joined the Supporters Clubs have done surely? However if you expect that people would stick together and all HAVE to walk out you have never been in a trade union have you? When a trade union organises a protest and expects all their members to turn up for it I can guarantee you that it won't happen.

Just my humble opinion.

I attend our Branch Supporters Club meetings and I don't really think that the OSC are that concerned about ticket prices more about how many tickets branches can get. Having attended some of the OSC meetings, granted not for the past 12 months or so, they were more worried about losing the allocation than really lobbying the club on prices or anything else for that matter.
And there's the problem. The OSC won't rock the boat. They wouldn't even get involved is the campaign to get rid of Swales as they felt that they shouldn't be involved in club politics. I can understand that to a large degree but something like this should be at the top of their agenda. If they're not there to represent the interests of their members then what are they there for?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.