Pep, 2016-17 Ticket Prices etc.

The Stoke game on MOTD now, They've just said in commentary that Stoke are about to announce a price freeze for the 9th year in a row. That's better than most but this is the problem. He said that in a congratulatory way, that's not really deserving of much credit imo it's simply not ripping their fans off. With the new tv money, prices need to be going down next season. A price freeze isn't enough.

I'm paying £60 per month and I'm in 116.

I move this season to the new stand because in the east Stand tier 3 it was going up again to £750 I bought a £300! Don't know how they can justify the £50 increase every season for the last few years

The Stoke game on MOTD now, They've just said in commentary that Stoke are about to announce a price freeze for the 9th year in a row. That's better than most but this is the problem. He said that in a congratulatory way, that's not really deserving of much credit imo it's simply not ripping their fans off. With the new tv money, prices need to be going down next season. A price freeze isn't enough.

I agree a price freeze is nowhere near good enough,although I think City will do it as a token gesture for next season. Then a steady increase will resume,I'm out anyway so it doesn't affect me. Can't see me ever being back on a regular basis,it's the principle more than affordability at the moment. It's incredible how clubs care so little about their core fan base.

I move this season to the new stand because in the east Stand tier 3 it was going up again to £750 I bought a £300! Don't know how they can justify the £50 increase every season for the last few years

I could understand it with the FFPR bollocks but now that's being kicked to one side and we're spending vast amounts again they need to really look after the fans that stuck by the club throughout the years.

It's painful to see how blues who have been going for decades have to stop going.

We have a lot of support from Cheshire (not a dig as this is where I grew up), and surrounding affluent areas. These are the types that are happy to pay an extra 50 odd quid a year and miss upto 10 games whether it be down to work or other commitments.

Unfortunately, the more working class blue has been hit hard the last few seasons especially with the introduction of platinum membership etc. Pains me to see such a different crowd at games sometimes, I honestly feel that this has had the biggest adverse effect on the atmosphere at home games. (blues I know who attend more aways than me, say this has recently been the case away from home, tickets going to the wrong people).

City need to realise and quick, this should be the best moment in our club's history and atmosphere should be electric. But people who've been going for years and years are stopping from lack of identity and being outpriced. I admit, I am a schmuck who pays for platinum in order to keep points increasing and not be left behind, but I do sympathise with our core fanbase. Something needs to be addressed this season, we have an owner in such a great financial position and the extra TV income about to come rolling in. Reward your long-term fans City, or I seriously doubt for our club's future and identity off the field.

Football is a business, but without true fans it's nothing and I'd want us to keep the identity and core fanbase we all know, over success any day. The latter seems to be outweighing the former.

Football is a business, but without true fans it's nothing and I'd want us to keep the identity and core fanbase we all know, over success any day. The latter seems to be outweighing the former.

Completely agree. It's a simple algorithm to associate number of years as a SC holder with matches attended to levels of discount applied. Add a large percentage of SC's at max £300 for the season (eg all South Stand and Family stand plus Tier 3 CB and East) and that for me would make a significant statement as to the commitment of the Club to its supporters.

If prices go up and lots of fans leave, I'm going to buy one for my flask, and one for my sandwich...

...but not necessarily on the same row.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.