Pep, 2016-17 Ticket Prices etc.

The Stoke game on MOTD now, They've just said in commentary that Stoke are about to announce a price freeze for the 9th year in a row. That's better than most but this is the problem. He said that in a congratulatory way, that's not really deserving of much credit imo it's simply not ripping their fans off. With the new tv money, prices need to be going down next season. A price freeze isn't enough.
Exactly right. Spot on pal! All clubs should be saying "right we've been cunts with you all for ten years and more so we're going to reduce all ticket prices by £200 across the board" because even with a £200 reduction, clubs will still be WELL up on this season with the new money.

If are tickets go up I'm not renewing.
600 is more than enough
Isn't 600 less than Liverpool's cheapest. This was the BBC, though, that said it, but if true puts their fans protest into perspective as there would have been many buying match by match. We do offer a cheap option at 299.

We do offer 299tickets but why should I move I've sat there since the ground opened and 600 quid is plenty

Can someone more in the know on this issue explain to me in simple terms How or Why successful clubs in Germany get to offer significantly cheaper season tickets and matchday tickets than clubs in all of the English Leagues
YET
our clubs get significantly more TV revenue, but charge much more for tickets.

Not to mention many German clubs include public transport in the ticket price.

Is it just down to fans having a part club ownership, thus having a bigger say?

Or are we as English people following English clubs simply being shafted and putting up with it like we've always done regarding most things such as Government greed.... And the business owners know this?

Can someone more in the know on this issue explain to me in simple terms How or Why successful clubs in Germany get to offer significantly cheaper season tickets and matchday tickets than clubs in all of the English Leagues
YET

Or are we as English people following English clubs simply being shafted and putting up with it like we've always done regarding most things such as Government greed.... And the business owners know this?
It's down to the level of wages we pay in the PL. The PL average is just under £44k/week. The Bundesliga is next at £28k/week, Serie A is £25k/week and La Liga is £23k/week. So we're 50% more generous than the next highest payers and nearly double La Liga.

If we want cheaper tickets, we need a wage cap.

It's down to the level of wages we pay in the PL. The PL average is just under £44k/week. The Bundesliga is next at £28k/week, Serie A is £25k/week and La Liga is £23k/week. So we're 50% more generous than the next highest payers and nearly double La Liga.

If we want cheaper tickets, we need a wage cap.

Spot on with wage restraint!

In addition to the big growth in TV revenues, the capacities of many of our grounds are rivalling the size of the German stadia ( or will do with West Ham, Spurs, Chelsea and ourselves all expanding). We all know the rags and arse have big capacities.

With match day income expanding, there is even less of a reason for our higher ticket prices! I am guessing our match day revenue will break the £50m mark this season!

YET

its not just football as a nation we get shafted everyday in everyway,we moan and then take it have done for years ,house prices car,transport food ect ect,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.