Pep and Klopp's strategies

Klopp has two strand to his strategy:
1) Get the ball in the box, get close to defenders and fall over. I know we joke about LiVARpool and they are getting fewer penalties now but the past three seasons have been littered with bent decisions in their favour.
2) Devise a pressing system where all players run around like blue arsed flies for 90 minutes. Then buy players who are suffering from asthma to work in this system. I think we can all see the mis-match of ideas.
3) Blame everybody else.

Klopp = joe kinnear tactics with better players than wimbledon
Pep = a style fostered in hungary, first used in the UK by us in the 50s, adapted by the dutch and mastered by Cryuff

So kick and rush playground football Vs The evolution of a footballing elegance.

One style will run out of steam eventually, the other will evolve and adapt.

This season we have seen Liverpool collapse because in the past couple of seasons Klopp played an unchanged side in almost every game except for domestic cups (which he obviously doesn't rate). Result - players are knackered.
Whereas Pep constantly rotates his players to keep them relatively fresh and prevent them from getting worn out by playing too many high tempo games every few days.
That strategy was clearly illustrated last night - City are through to the semis whereas the scousers are out and in a dogfight to qualify for the UCL next season.

I honestly think there was a lot of truth in Liverpool caffeine Fueling for two seasons - why else did they have the asthma epidemic? They clearly cannot use the caffeine Fueling for a third season - so there’s been a huge drop off. They will be back next year - full of running - same 11 every week. Red Bull anyone?

I wouldn’t say it’s Pep and Klopp’ strategies...

If the rumours that were circling around January, and what Jamie Redknapp, was saying, were true, Klopp is said to have had a heated boardroom argument with the CEO/owner of Liverpool about their lack of transfer activity.

Liverpool earnt £1.45bn in the last three years alone, yet they’ve invested just £200m back into their squad.

I keep saying this, but instead of moaning about City, Chelsea, Paris, FFP, always playing the victim card and never questioning what’s going on at their own club; Liverpool fans should be screaming from the rooftops “WHERE THE FUCK DOES THE MONEY GO AT LIVERPOOL?!”

City have recently started earning less money than Liverpool (although we will get a new sponsorship contract this Summer to probably even that up), yet we invest our money into what the entire point in this whole sport is about - the football team.

This is a stark contrast in club strategies.

I don’t like Klopp - he’s a moaning excuse making tosser when Liverpool lose - but I don’t feel like he’s being provided with what his quality as a manger deserves, and I wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves in the next year (or sooner!).
They'd be a lot closer with Van Dijk. But their squad looks past its peak. It's old. How did that happen when you win the Champions League and the Premier League?

Klopp seemed to really struggle this season in coming up with a system in the absence of VVD. They ended up playing a similar system but with a slow back 4 high up the pitch which was a sitting duck. They finally decided to buy in January but the guys they brought in were slow. Klopp has looked a little foolish this season.

Manchester City had a similar problem with aging players but we bought players in. SPent the money and solved he problem. We were still left without an out and out striker but Pep figured a way round it unlike Klopp who just has one way of playing. City aren't the finished article imo because I don't think playing a 4-6-0 is ideal. That's the scary thing for our rivals. We should be able to add to our forward line, and bring in a left back.

Unfortunately, the rest of the Premier League is so bad that I think it's quite likely Liverpool will get 3rd or 4th. They don't have any competitions now so they can just focus on the Premier League.

I honestly think there was a lot of truth in Liverpool caffeine Fueling for two seasons - why else did they have the asthma epidemic? They clearly cannot use the caffeine Fueling for a third season - so there’s been a huge drop off. They will be back next year - full of running - same 11 every week. Red Bull anyone?
Apart from maybe Spurs, I can't think of a leading Premier League squad that's as old as Liverpool

Klopp has 29 players available. Pep 26. Pep has included everyone in our games keeping them all fresh and working towards the plan. Klopp has nowhere near managed his squad, everyone has been excluded except for the main 13 or 14 players.
Klopp is also a twat and Pep isn't.

It was also interesting to see how fatigued the Dortmund players were after 70 minutes in both legs against City.
The rotation system is the secret to winning. Done right it can make the difference in tight games.
Obviously, the players being changed over need to keep up the quality to an extent.
It is clear to see how jaded Liverpool are. They flogged their players to death over the last few years. Short term gain, long term pain. I don't think Liverpool have the energy for a top 4 place finish....they may get a helping hand from their LiVARpool mates, though :(
Spot on this, Dortmund clearly adopted the Klopp approach & had to withdraw their best player after just over an hour, who had nothing left (albeit he’s not physically matured yet) only producing a mini upsurge after making 4 substitutes, as with the coach wreckers, once running round like headless chickens doesn’t work no plan b, I thought Klipperty was gonna move them away from that after the summer signings, at full strength their bench is a lot stronger & rotation more of a possibility, they are now a year behind in terms of a shift in playing style & I don’t see them challenging next season, more likely Chelsea

This season we have seen Liverpool collapse because in the past couple of seasons Klopp played an unchanged side in almost every game except for domestic cups (which he obviously doesn't rate). Result - players are knackered.
Whereas Pep constantly rotates his players to keep them relatively fresh and prevent them from getting worn out by playing too many high tempo games every few days.
That strategy was clearly illustrated last night - City are through to the semis whereas the scousers are out and in a dogfight to qualify for the UCL next season.
Bingo ! ;-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.