Pep documentary on BBC

Yeah, was an amazing day before the match. Great City and i probably enjoyed it even more because after covid it was the first time a lot of people had been able to have a full day out together in the sun.

Was obviously gutted at the time but winning for the first time in Istanbul where we were able to party all night made it worth the wait. The celebrations would have been pretty shit in comparison for the majority after Porto. Straight back to the airport and then on a flight.
Never went and ended up 6 of us in the seven oaks in town booked out full of blues, those over 30 at the end were gutted but still had enough old city about them to be over it in minutes for the sake of a good night out (cpuld regret it in the morning).

the young uns in there were distraught, many left we got pissed, win or lose and all that ;-)

You only have to listen to the players who have played under him react when interviewed down the years. Phrases like 'I learnt more in my time with Pep than I did in the whole of my time previously in football' crop up regularly.

This is from world class, seasoned professionals who have played at the top level for years who know what they're talking about. Not some journalist or biased podcaster going on about money etc

That says it all for me. Absolute Genuis.

Agree completely, a missed opportunity on WHY he is so good.
Yes, I agree. Of course the documentary was good but it could have been so much better. It was a great opportunity to even simply explain why Pep believes in playing from the back, how it works, how he has innovated and there was a chance to explain how he overcame the "he won't fancy a wet Wednesday at Stoke" (well who would?).

One day there will be a far more thorough documentary about Pep. This one barely scratched the surface. For anyone who has read Pep Confidential and The Evolution they'll know a lot more about where his footballing theories come from and his knowledge of the game, and indeed his genius.

But I still enjoyed the documentary. It was great to be reminded of how certain people were that he'd fail. That typical narrow-minded egotistical English opinion rearing its ugly head. Our league's too quick, too strong, too powerful, too good for him to succeed. Now the whole country from kids in the park, to non-league to the PL play a version of his football. You still get dinosaurs believing it's suicide to do so - I saw criticism of Boro playing that way against Chelsea. But it's far better to be teaching our future generations how to control, pass and move than to kick it as far as they can and header it.

I don't know about anyone else, but I always feel as though this is a bit of a dream. I did the tour of the Nou Camp as a kid. The famous names, the trophies. A million miles away from City in Moss Side. A documentary featuring some of the best players in the world from past and present, and a manager who won it all and idolised Cruyff...now in charge of City and breaking every record going.

As a club we'd won 4 League titles, 5 FA Cups, 4 League Cups and the Cup Winners Cup before he arrived.
He's taken that total to 9 League titles, 7 FA Cups, 8 League Cups and the CL, Super Cup and World Club Cup. In under 8 seasons.

Yeah, was an amazing day before the match. Great City and i probably enjoyed it even more because after covid it was the first time a lot of people had been able to have a full day out together in the sun.

Was obviously gutted at the time but winning for the first time in Istanbul where we were able to party all night made it worth the wait. The celebrations would have been pretty shit in comparison for the majority after Porto. Straight back to the airport and then on a flight.
Mate, we partied longer and harder than the Chavski fans after the match in Porto. The locals couldn't get their heads round it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.