Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, minor pet peeve here, is it just me or does Pep really need to stop with his 'We are not ready to win Champions league' commentary.

I've heard it one too many times for my likkli. :(

Flap off!

He’s lowering expectations for a tournament with slim margins late in the final rounds. We don’t want that bullshit about a failure of a season if we don’t win it over our headsZ I understand the reasoning but im with you. It’s gne a little too far

Am I missing something or is that showing anyone else a tweet about the Aussie cricketers?
As the hip young bros and hos might say; my bad. Humble apologies. It should have been...

Pep Guardiola has been named the 2018 Best Manager in the World by @FourFourTwo, ahead of Zinedine Zidane, Diego Simeone, Max Allegri and Jurgen Klopp who made up the top five.

Last edited by a moderator:
For the last couple of games I've had a few moments where I've become acutely aware mid-game that I'm very possibly watching the best football I'll ever see. Barcelona have never reached the same levels after Pep, Bayern have fallen away almost immediately.

He has created a team which is so good and so dominant that we're currently making our last season - the most dominant PL season in history - look a bit mediocre in comparison. So much more control, more goals, a defence that's kept 11 clean sheets in 16 games. Oh and all without our best player.

Enjoy this while it lasts. There's a decent chance that like last year, the quality drops as Christmas and NY fixture congestion hits and injuries pile up, but what we're seeing right now is the best football on the planet by a distance. It's an absolute privilege to see it coming from our team.

For the last couple of games I've had a few moments where I've become acutely aware mid-game that I'm very possibly watching the best football I'll ever see. Barcelona have never reached the same levels after Pep, Bayern have fallen away almost immediately.

He has created a team which is so good and so dominant that we're currently making our last season - the most dominant PL season in history - look a bit mediocre in comparison. So much more control, more goals, a defence that's kept 11 clean sheets in 16 games. Oh and all without our best player.

Enjoy this while it lasts. There's a decent chance that like last year, the quality drops as Christmas and NY fixture congestion hits and injuries pile up, but what we're seeing right now is the best football on the planet by a distance. It's an absolute privilege to see it coming from our team.
That just bummed me our. Thanks Doma :(

On the flip side of that, I feel our depth is in a better place this season.

Stacked at the wings, world class CM options (our best yet to even play a part in this season, coming back well rested for the xmas period) with Foden emerging as a genuine rotation option for the lesser games, serious depth at fullback and our best CB last season and club captain can't even get games at the moment.

The only worry is DM and how long Fernandinho can keep up this run of form, but I've noticed Delph getting more time there recently and hasn't looked half bad. Gundogan is capable of filling in against lower table sides as well.

If we make a January pick up at DM (and even if we don't), I don't think we'll see the drop off we saw last season personally. Pep's rotating very well at the moment in my eyes.

***** Breaking News******

Pep prefers sex to his coaching. "By far!"

Dani Alves? Kick rocks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.