Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't feel that we got the lineup right again tonight. We started Saturday with Mendy/Cancelo in a back four and then Zinchenko/Walker tonight as wingbacks. Both were varying levels of useless. And what is the justification for an absolutely on fire Sergio Aguero starting on the bench with two cup games coming up?

I don't feel that we got the lineup right again tonight. We started Saturday with Mendy/Cancelo in a back four and then Zinchenko/Walker tonight as wingbacks. Both were varying levels of useless. And what is the justification for an absolutely on fire Sergio Aguero starting on the bench with two cup games coming up?

Cup games are more important now, we can't win the league.

Pep post Sheffield away: "Penalties are an issue... I have to reflect it to take a decision. Ederson is the best, believe me...."

Pep post Sheffield away: "Penalties are an issue... I have to reflect it to take a decision. Ederson is the best, believe me...."

It baffles me that a coach who is an attention to detail fella has not paid much attention to this. Mahrez took the one against Liverpool off the back off a terrible record and Jesus tonight when he has missed his last two. This needs work and a decision making on who will take them.

Clean sheet 3pts at a difficult away ground against a very solid side I think he did ok.

Had we taken our chances 1st half (again) Serg wouldn't have been needed, plus he's just come back from an injury. Pep knows the league has gone and he will prioritise the cups.

Really confusing the ways choosing the team and lineups. The worst players in a wingback system are walker and zinchenko, the only players who can play there are cancelo and mendy, at least they can attack and cross.

Sterling needs a period on the bench, Aguero & Jesus should be starting more together and it would be nice to see Garcia & Foden playing more, I don't think its a risk or disadvantage at this stage in the league unless they show they aren't ready which they have not yet.

It baffles me that a coach who is an attention to detail fella has not paid much attention to this. Mahrez took the one against Liverpool off the back off a terrible record and Jesus tonight when he has missed his last two. This needs work and a decision making on who will take them.
He's very big on giving the players a specific amount of respect. Another example is he's very conscious of seniority within a squad. I'm sure he assumed that penalties were never supposed to be THIS problematic. However you're right, it needs addressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.