Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
i understand your sarcastic tone mate :)

but the point of the thread wasn't "Why are city going to sack him? " but why does Pep feel the need to give these soundbites ?

This was not said by him , when being goaded by those idiot journos at press conferences when he gets rightfully irritated , but a Sit down interview.

I think all managers will feel and say that after all football is driven by results and it just shows that Pep doesn't think he is above being sacked, which I feel is healthy. It shows that Pep isn't so far up his own arse and thinks he is unsackable. I think if a manager thinks he is unsackable he will take his eye of the ball because he will be so in love with himself he will lose focus. I think it shows how grounded Pep is to be honest.

Of course i don't want him to go but it's his third season and i think he had 3 seasons at Bayern, he could be paving the way.

We've had injuries where we don't need them and the introduction of VAR hasn't helped things. Give him the summer to get some new players in and go from there.
Injuries are part of the game, they have hammered us, but we did ourselves no favours with our defensive recruitment last summer, it was a joke and Pep must have had some say in that.

The club and any other organisation would not care one jolt what the outside world thought, IF they believed his removal would benefit the club in the long term.

Pep is not bigger than the club and for that matter no individual is, regardless of how successful they have been.

Just look across the road at Old Trafford for the evidence of not one but two managers whom though they were bigger than the club after they brought success and the fall out after they left.

We don't get a better manager than Pep, so the long term stuff can wait.

City won't sack Pep and we're absolutely nothing like them across the road, we don't employ idiots like Moureen & LVG.

We don't get a better manager than Pep, so the long term stuff can wait.

City won't sack Pep and we're absolutely nothing like them across the road, we don't employ idiots like Moureen & LVG.
I was talking of Busby and The Pisscan, both thought themselves bigger than the club, and the fall out was enormous when they finally left.

Pep is without the finest manager in our history, but is not doing us any favours, I get the feeling sometimes he and his CEO mate think they are.

No chance we will sack him, ever.

Doom and gloom it all you like people but we are likely to win the Charity Shield and League Cup this season and we have a great oppurtunity to win the FA Cup too.

Clubs like Arsenal, Spurs, Leicester and United would snap your hands off if you offered them one domestic cup this season. Our standards are sky high but we need to remember how great we are and will the team on to silverware this season.

I think all managers will feel and say that after all football is driven by results and it just shows that Pep doesn't think he is above being sacked, which I feel is healthy. It shows that Pep isn't so far up his own arse and thinks he is unsackable. I think if a manager thinks he is unsackable he will take his eye of the ball because he will be so in love with himself he will lose focus. I think it shows how grounded Pep is to be honest.

again , this is Pep - the best manager in the world , knows how to deal with pressure of being at a top top club.

He also knows city won't sack him until its a disaster , for eg. being out of top 4 or out of group stages of the champs league. ( and then also is highly improbable we sack him)

So , why would he give this idiot media a field day - by stating that City may sack him if he loses to Madrid - when he knows well we won't !

is he as others have said , maybe wants to move on / his family have gone back to spain etc.

I , as all of us hope he stays for many years to come !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.