Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Am I? < I think many very senior figures at the club will be feeling the same, he has to commit to an extension and head the rebuild.
The 4 of them are very close,all bases will be being covered,the players will know,they are not going to do anything because you insist on it lol

Neither does he want to be sacked, nor does he really beleive he would be. It's just the sort of thing he says.

im gonna go ahead and cross my fingers this is him angling fir a new contract.

'We're not gonna sack you pep, here's a contract extension to prove it'

The 4 of them are very close,all bases will be being covered,the players will know,they are not going to do anything because you insist on it lol
There closeness is irrelevant, the future of the club is far more important.

Think Pep wouldn't put it like that if was speaking in Spanish. I think his words were directed to the fans, intending to tell them that the CL is huge for the growth of the club and its future and that the team needs the support of the fans to win it. By talking about the possibility of being fired he just wanted to show the importance of CL success. He didn't express himself very well, imo, dramatism was a bit OTT.

There closeness is irrelevant, the future of the club is far more important.

Agree the future of the club is more important. But it is certainly not irrelevant. it is not that absolute.

Your point, however is irrelevant.
Because it starts from a position of having to choose between sacking pep or their closeness. And we are nowhere bloody near that.

Not aimed at you anymore now, but i really don't get the hostility towards pep and this underlying implied wish to get him away.
We are expecting him to stand by the club, with ffp shit coming, potentially stay with a ban ahead, stick through the rougher patches, or claimed lack of investment in replacement of key players, etc etc. (which he has said he trusts the club, isn't put off by anything and will honour his contract at least). Yet we won't stand by some relatively meaningless comments he makes, or a formation change we disagree with, when we lose a game or two we happen to have dominated and been extremely unlucky in?
And we welcome somewhat sarcastic comments that he claims he might be sacked, as probable with a degree of wishfulness? blows my mind mate,
blows... my... mind.

Agree the future of the club is more important. But it is certainly not irrelevant. it is not that absolute.

Your point, however is irrelevant.
Because it starts from a position of having to choose between sacking pep or their closeness. And we are nowhere bloody near that.

Not aimed at you anymore now, but i really don't get the hostility towards pep and this underlying implied wish to get him away.
We are expecting him to stand by the club, with ffp shit coming, potentially stay with a ban ahead, stick through the rougher patches, or claimed lack of investment in replacement of key players, etc etc. (which he has said he trusts the club, isn't put off by anything and will honour his contract at least). Yet we won't stand by some relatively meaningless comments he makes, or a formation change we disagree with, when we lose a game or two we happen to have dominated and been extremely unlucky in?
And we welcome somewhat sarcastic comments that he claims he might be sacked, as probable with a degree of wishfulness? blows my mind mate,
blows... my... mind.
I am not criticising him in any way, but, in my humble opinion if we go into next season with him not signing an extension it is going to have a serious detrimental effect on us as a club. The speculation will be incredible and I also feel it will have an effect on our player recruitment in the next window.
Khaldoon has a close friendship with Mancini but it did nor prevent him doing what was in the best interest of MCFC and the same will apply to Pep.I would imagine Pep is under some pressure to sign an extension and if he refuses the club has a serious decision to make.And by that I don't mean we sack him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.