Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Are you serious? Watching either of Gundogan or Rodri trying to run over any kind of distance would be embarrassing. Even Aguero who’s definitely lost his pace would beat those 2 comfortably. Dino has shown many times this season that his pace is still at worst reasonable, those 2 are slow as it gets. He’s also sharper and much quicker off the mark as he’s still shown many times even this season when stepping into midfield to win the ball back.

Are you serious? Watching either of Gundogan or Rodri trying to run over any kind of distance would be embarrassing. Even Aguero who’s definitely lost his pace would beat those 2 comfortably. Dino has shown many times this season that his pace is still at worst reasonable, those 2 are slow as it gets. He’s also sharper and much quicker off the mark as he’s still shown many times even this season when stepping into midfield to win the ball back.
Fernandinho in my opinion was the most underrated player in world football. A magnificent reader of the game, wonderful footballer and superhuman stamina, BUT he is 34 yrs old, had injury problems and could no longer be expected to have his previous workload.
Our manager could also see that and earmarked him for CB before Laporte's injury and Kompany leaving.
He was now become our 2nd best CB, far superior to both JFS and Otto.

Fernandinho in my opinion was the most underrated player in world football. A magnificent reader of the game, wonderful footballer and superhuman stamina, BUT he is 34 yrs old, had injury problems and could no longer be expected to have his previous workload.
Our manager could also see that and earmarked him for CB before Laporte's injury and Kompany leaving.
He was now become our 2nd best CB, far superior to both JFS and Otto.

Yeah I agree he’s our 2nd best centre back I’m just saying he’s far quicker than the 2 statues that currently play in midfield. A position where pace isn’t essential but helps to stop counters. Don’t think he’ll be going back to midfield anyway so just have to hope Rodders improves and Pep’s love for Gundo anywhere but as a 6 ends with our title defence.

Yeah I agree he’s our 2nd best centre back I’m just saying he’s far quicker than the 2 statues that currently play in midfield. A position where pace isn’t essential but helps to stop counters. Don’t think he’ll be going back to midfield anyway so just have to hope Rodders improves and Pep’s love for Gundo anywhere but as a 6 ends with our title defence.
Rodri is a class act in my opinion, a superb footballer, but you can't play Gundo as his partner.

Our midfield is in serious need of pace , youth and stamina.

I am sure we will seriously reinforce in the summer, Foden is still not ready in my opinion as a regular.

Rodri is a class act in my opinion, a superb footballer, but you can't play Gundo as his partner.

Our midfield is in serious need of pace , youth and stamina.

I am sure we will seriously reinforce in the summer, Foden is still not ready in my opinion as a regular.

I agree they’re both good players at 6 but if anything the lack of press with the pair of them together makes us more vulnerable than ever to the counter. Hard to say with Foden, he should be getting about 8 games there on the run in as an audition although the chances of us playing that many games now look doubtful. Problem is with the amount of money that needs spending on the squad centre mid night stay as it is - David.

In light of the Coronavirus stuff... is Mrs Pep in the Uk or Spain? Is Pep in the UK or Spain?

clearly with no footie happening for (minimum) a month, and with travel restrictions in place, is he with his family?

This question also applies to anyone else who isn’t with partner/kids in the same place.. Aguero comes to mind

Its not all about pace tho is it? Gareth Barry performed a deep lying central midfield role under Mancini,and was always..in the right time at the right place.not known for his pace.Rodri is a superb footballer.100% a high technically adept modern professional footballer.his football brain and accomplished passing range make a mockery of folk calling him a statute.

And..incidentally,i note you feel that sergio has lost a bit of pace........id like your thoughts om why jamie VARdy appears to be getting quicker with age,not slower,as exhibited by his darting run past Dhino a few months ago at the Etihad.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.