Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not all about pace tho is it? Gareth Barry performed a deep lying central midfield role under Mancini,and was always..in the right time at the right place.not known for his pace.Rodri is a superb footballer.100% a high technically adept modern professional footballer.his football brain and accomplished passing range make a mockery of folk calling him a statute.

And..incidentally,i note you feel that sergio has lost a bit of pace........id like your thoughts om why jamie VARdy appears to be getting quicker with age,not slower,as exhibited by his darting run past Dhino a few months ago at the Etihad.....
Its not all about pace tho is it? Gareth Barry performed a deep lying central midfield role under Mancini,and was always..in the right time at the right place.not known for his pace.Rodri is a superb footballer.100% a high technically adept modern professional footballer.his football brain and accomplished passing range make a mockery of folk calling him a statute.

And..incidentally,i note you feel that sergio has lost a bit of pace........id like your thoughts om why jamie VARdy appears to be getting quicker with age,not slower,as exhibited by his darting run past Dhino a few months ago at the Etihad.....

No, as I said a position where pace isn’t essential but certainly helps to stop counters. A big difference from when Barry did a great job for us there and now is Roberto’s style of play whilst still very good to watch was much more pragmatic than Peps. So we weren’t as open to counters as now so pace to stop them wasn’t as important. Note Pellers wanted to play a pressing game when he first arrived and binned Barry(harshly I thought) straightaway and probably for that reason. As for commenting on Vardy pissing past Dinho for pace he’d do that to almost any centre back. Sergio lost some of his burst of pace a couple of years ago but has certainly now lost a bit more. Sergio’s stocky frame and injuries probably lead to that. I doubt Vardy has got quicker but until recently rarely had injuries and is naturally very slim and blessed with great athleticism. You’ll always get the exception like that. Linford Christie won gold in the Olympics at 32, oldest ever by 4 years.

Peps mother may have had the virus. and sadly died, I’m not sure how true it is so I came on here to find out. But cant see it reported anywhere.

Thanks Karen. I found the thread now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.