Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodri and Gundogan sitting behind Kev who was behind Gabby with sterling and mahrez outside and a flat back 4.

I just watched their goal after Sterlings miss and Mahrez is up near Gabby not at right back

Yeah congratulations that's a wing back they attack and go forwards, especially when you're behind.

There was no flat back 4 until Silva came on.

That's not how this works though. Pep didn't just turn up to the stadium today and say "right lads, lets try 532 today".

They'll have been practicing and training all week, and it's a formation 90% of them have actually played before under Pep, we did it a bunch before Mendy got injured in the Centurions season.
That's exactly how it works. If you drive an automatic everyday it will take some time to adjust to a manual even if you drove one before.

And that's why it's so frustrating, going out of the CL each year without trying to play our usual game

Lyon are just a better version of Southampton, Arsenal, United, Wolves.

What fucking team have you been watching all season that you think we're guaranteed to win if we play 433?
Well we sure didn't win with all the mumbo jumbo nonsense he did. Lyon is NOT a better Arsenal.

We will not win with that few creative and energetic players on the field. Period.

You said it a few weeks ago. We'll lose without Foden. Well, I agree with that opinion of yours. It's sounds like you have changed your mind since.

Play your young, energetic and creative players. Play them in their normal formation. Even his false 9 role for Foden against Real was dumb.

He keeps doing these dumb things in Cup games. They never work. Even when we win, it's because he switched back to the obvious.

Enough with the Tinkering.

Raz missing, Ederson weak save, Laporte's and Walkers stupidity on goals, all will overshadow the fact that we were toothless for 45 minutes coz Pep was an idiot again in a cup game.

His mental scarring from the dry bumming real gave bayern runs too deep. Just fucking stick to what we’re good at.

Well we sure didn't win with all the mumbo jumbo nonsense. Lyon is NOT a better Arsenal.

We will not win with that few creative and energetic players on the field. Period.

You said it a few weeks ago. We'll lose without Foden. Well, I agree with that opinion of yours. It's sounds like you have changed your mind since.

Play your young, energetic and creative players. Play them in their normal formation. Even his false 9 role for Foden against Real was dumb.

He keeps doing these dumb things in Cup games. They never work. Even when we win, it's because he switched back to the obvious.

Enough with the Tinkering.

Raz missing, Ederson weak save, Laporte's and Walkers stupidity on goals, all will overshadow the fact that we were toothless for 45 minutes coz Pep was an idiot again in a cup game.

No I stick by my opinon that I thought we'd lose without Foden but I don't think it was the system, it's the players chucking it away again.

When Kyle Walker plays them offside, and then literally stops and watches while his man Cornet follows in and gets the rebound, it doesn't matter that he's RB or RWB. It's just a player being shit.

Pep is so lucky he has the reputation of being who he is! Right now ANY OTHER manager would be fearing the sack.

Thats the thing about reputation, once you have it you can ride on the back of it as long as you can but there comes a time when even reputation burns out and the current state of things stares right back at you.

Pep's reputation is burning out slowly, its in his best interest to go back to the basics.

Pep needs to say fuck the accolades , fuck the media praise singers, fuck his ego, fuck past glories! Go back to being hungry, go back to being a manager! Fuck the philosophical Pep, bring back the 2008-2012 Pep!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.