Pep Guardiola - 2019/20 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The midfield was a joke. No pace no creativity.
I’m
The midfield was a joke. No pace no creativity. And Pep picked it.
Pep’s team selection and formation was criminal, every fucking season he gets it wrong and over thinks it at this stage of the Chumps League. So fucking disappointing. Why was he so bothered about a team that came seventh in the French League.

It didn't work coz we had too many uncreative players. An idiot could have seen that. And that's on Pep.

Yes. Individual errors compounded by an unfamiliar formation set up by Pep against an average team.

It's fucking Lyon. Play them straight up.

Lyon are just a better version of Southampton, Arsenal, United, Wolves.

What fucking team have you been watching all season that you think we're guaranteed to win if we play 433?

It didn't work coz we had too many uncreative players. An idiot could have seen that. And that's on Pep.

Yes. Individual errors compounded by an unfamiliar formation set up by Pep against an average team.

Imagine foden turning and running at them? denayer would have shit bricks

At least the pretentious, sentimental, cringeworthy "we have to win it for Silva" parade is over.

Keep your heads screwed on, focus on the challenge in front of you but nooooo! Everyone kept talking to the tabloids on how "they had to win the title for Silva"

When he, ll look back at his managerial career, probably tonight would be amongst few other days where he actually embarrassed himself.

What can you say about a overally defensive setup against the side that is prepared to park the bus and hit you on the counter.

Probably cups are not his strong point. That's the third time we have been knocked out by a team who were less fancied than us to go through. Domestic cup success is good but that doesn't have the pressure of playing in Europe.

I wouldn't even mind if he addressed the issues he caused during the ninety minutes. But he doesn't. He just stands there looking like he's going to have a panic attack.

I love the bloke but his insistence on sticking with whatever isn't working is fucking mind blowing.

the problem with our team is about Broken Balance.

"So Close, Yet So Far" sums up our problems in 19/20 pretty well.
all the off the field excuses are Invalid in the grand scheme of things.

just off the top of my head this is our biggest problem this season:

Bernardo Silva should've been one of the biggest beneficiary of the Covid Break. But instead he came back still looking like he got all of his energy & abilities stolen from him.

0) How can you consistently build up self belief when you are in a system that plays against your strengths??

some other ones:
1) who are our Left sided attacking midfielders?
2) who supports our inverted wingers with natural width?
3) who provides the width when we go with Inverted Full-Back?
4) who/what is helping our full-backs defend?
5) is Sterling our only "real winger" that plays on the left?
6) what is Bernardo's best position?
7) what type of Squad is easier to manage / Build?
  • 25+ Outfield Playing Squad?
  • 14+ Outfield Playing Squad?

HELLO THE PLAYERS WERE FUCKING SHIT!!!

laporte , EDERSON , Walker , Sterling , Ilkay , dinho , rodri all fucking pathetic . Senior players all dropping 4/10 performances

these Glory Hunters eh.

blame Pep always, they do.

even though its pretty amazing that we made it this far in spite of our team being a unbalance

No. Watch again.

We changed when Silva came on. Before that, we still played 532, we just moved Walker to Fernandinho's position RCB and Mahrez played the role Walker was supposed to.

Everyone else was in the same positions. Still a back 3, still Rodrigo and Gundo as the 2 in the middle, stil KDB behind Stelring and Gabby.

Just because an attacking player comes on doesn't mean we've changed system.

Rodri and Gundogan sitting behind Kev who was behind Gabby with sterling and mahrez outside and a flat back 4.

I just watched their goal after Sterlings miss and Mahrez is up near Gabby not at right back

Yeah we won the pl in spectacular style but Mancini did, Pellegrini did, you know who else did it? Fucking Ranieri!

The challenge was for Pep to win the UCL! Klopp got to the finals twice with Dortmund!

I guess I missed the times Mancini and Pellegrini got 100 points.

Or the time they won back to back titles.

Or the time they won the first domestic treble in history.

Or the time they became the 3rd manager in English football history to win all 4 domestic trophies in their career.

Or when they won 14 games in a row to win the title.

And I definitely must have missed them winning 8 trophies, because I could have sworn they only won a couple each.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.