Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was all to get Sterling in the team which his performances haven't deserved
But he benched him in the quarter and semi, why did he suddenly think it was a great idea to play him in the final while playing your top scorer out of postion ? I just want Pep to come out and explain to us his thinking because as feared it led to a terrible performance.

Tonights defeat for me was 95% on the players - we had more than enough even without a designated holding midfielder and the fact is the chance Sterling missed was huge. We weren't blown away like against Lyon - Tonight we were beaten because they set up to stop us and that's it. I guess it's disappointing that during the game we had one or two players who could not see where they could make their own minor changes. You could also say the ref seemed to be very connected to their players - most telling was stopping the game when Jorginho and their captain screamed out during perfectly good challenges - costing us momentum but that would be picky. The reality is we didn't do enough to win the game and we have to take it on the chin.

I for one am fully behind Pep and his methods and maybe this will prompt some changes especially to our wide attackers. We made Chilwell and James look like Cafu and Maldini...Only good thing is maybe it will mean a longer stay for Pep which is a beautiful thing. Heads up blues we will win it next year.
It wasn't on the players.

But he benched him in the quarter and semi, why did he suddenly think it was a great idea to play him in the final while playing your top scorer out of postion ? I just want Pep to come out and explain to us his thinking because as feared it led to a terrible performance.
He was telling it was for playing best between the lines... Ok but our defensive process was at cost to say the least..

Wouldnt swap Pep for any manager in the world , but he does have the occasional brain fart and tonight was one of them , too clever by half sometimes , Tuchel worked Pep out and taught him a lesson tonight , but Pep will take heed and learn from his mistakes ,August will soon be here and the defence of our title , bring it on

Virtue signalling from some blues on here...

The “positivity” is fine if not a little nauseating. But labelling any disappointed fans as “pathetic” and attacking anyone who questions the manager is, itself, pathetic.

Apparently, anyone who questions pep’s choices after not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4, not 5, but even more egotistical/arrogant/foolish tactical decisions in important matches is having a “knee jerk” reaction. If I’m honest, I’ve never really liked the guy on a personal note like that stupid cigar video last week, but I’ve always appreciated he’s an amazing manager. Is that enough to question his choices, and whether we need a change, or are we not allowed to do that?

Right, you’re more of a blue than me because you back Pep after today’s shit show - is that what you want to hear? Fuck this pressure to be positive all the time. I got tickets, travelled to Porto, to support a team that didn’t show up. The same happened in Lyon, the same happened in the derbies this year, the FA cup this year. Yes I get what it means to support this club and I understand the club’s roots, but need a change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.