Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
C+/B- end of year marks for me.

Played a weakened side in the FA cup Semi for no reason and got knocked out needlessly.

Messed up big time in CL Final which is nearly unforgiveable. Needs to take a long hard look at himself for those decisions. Would have got an A- if we had lost both those games with no what ifs.
Jesus some daft uns out today.

whats daft about that post? I guess you thought pep played our best side in the CL final and FA semi then? I didnt.
Think about the whole season, champions, a cup a semi final and a european final.If that's a c in yur world, not sure what mangers ever going to get an A , or Still if you want to judge a manager on one game which in your opinion he got his selection wrong on you go. Bit daft in my opinion.

Pep has had a great season but if for once he just decides to pick the best team instead of inventing a new way we would be sat here with a treble and maybe even a quadruple. Pep is a great manager maybe the greatest ever but he is still capable of making fuck ups and over thinking games and should be held accountable aswell . We will never win the champions league under pep but that doesn’t mean he should move on. If I had my choice it would be the title over the cups every year .

Pep has had a great season but if for once he just decides to pick the best team instead of inventing a new way we would be sat here with a treble and maybe even a quadruple. Pep is a great manager maybe the greatest ever but he is still capable of making fuck ups and over thinking games and should be held accountable aswell . We will never win the champions league under pep but that doesn’t mean he should move on. If I had my choice it would be the title over the cups every year .
good post . sadly he won't learn so get rid.

Think about the whole season, champions, a cup a semi final and a european final.If that's a c in yur world, not sure what mangers ever going to get an A , or Still if you want to judge a manager on one game which in your opinion he got his selection wrong on you go. Bit daft in my opinion.

He's not being judged on 'one game' though... Poor team selection has been a factor on quite a few occasions and it has cost us at crucial stages of competitions.

If you honestly think he's not made some howlers in team selection, there's no hope for you. Take off the tinted specs and you'll see a bloke who makes the same terrible mistakes over and over again.

I've seen enough of him to think that he's never going to learn. He'll give it a go in the CL next season, fail to win it, then see out his contract by drifting through 2022/23, and walking away.

If the club hierarchy hasn't already got a replacement for Pep 'in the pipeline', it's because they're complacent and probably expect him to 'do a Fergie' by staying at City for 20 years.

He's not being judged on 'one game' though... Poor team selection has been a factor on quite a few occasions and it has cost us at crucial stages of competitions.

If you honestly think he's not made some howlers in team selection, there's no hope for you. Take off the tinted specs and you'll see a bloke who makes the same terrible mistakes over and over again.

I've seen enough of him to think that he's never going to learn. He'll give it a go in the CL next season, fail to win it, then see out his contract by drifting through 2022/23, and walking away.

If the club hierarchy hasn't already got a replacement for Pep 'in the pipeline', it's because they're complacent and probably expect him to 'do a Fergie' by staying at City for 20 years.
Doesn't matter you get Pep the whole Pep good and bad. Then yo judge him on that. That judgement means winning more than any other manager. If you want to make a Frankestein manager bits and peices of the best then you could probabaly make a better manager. You can't so you get the best available. Pep

Doesn't matter you get Pep the whole Pep good and bad. Then yo judge him on that. That judgement means winning more than any other manager. If you want to make a Frankestein manager bits and peices of the best then you could probabaly make a better manager. You can't so you get the best available. Pep

I'm not a great fan of the CL and am more than happy to win domestic trophies. However, the club (ie the hierarchy) desperately want to win the CL. That's why they moved heaven and earth to get Pep. He's never going to win the CL with City if he keeps arsing around with team selection.

He's a tinkerman - He can't help it. He's had five years at unbelievable wages to deliver what the owners want and has failed.

We could have had Klopp or Tuchel when they were available, and have both proved that they're better than Pep at winning the CL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.