Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are certain posters on here that have such a big downer on the best manager we've ever had that facts don't matter.
The City scarf and touchline antics mean far more to them than a team winning more trophies than they have in any other period in our history.
Losing the CL just gives them the excuse to call him out forgetting that nobody else came close to putting us in a position to win it in the first place.
He has his issues, he's made his mistakes, some which have proved very costly, but the team, and club itself, are light years ahead of where we were during Mancini reign.
One of the truest things ever written on here. The Pep Cynics are all the same. They loved Mancini, loved Cook, Don't trust "The Barca Boys" and would prioritise winning a derby over anything else. Flapping your hand at Ferguson and saying bad things about Man United is more important to them than having a harmonious, winning machine (which is of course what really matters if you know anything about football).
But even if winning derbies counted more, Pep has still won more than Mancini and lost fewer.
Mancini is also the only City manager in history to lose a 2 horse title race to Man United - and they had an inferior team. Buy, yeah, he did great gobby gentures to Ferguson that time and rocked the Miami Vice in a City Scarf look.

One of the truest things ever written on here. The Pep Cynics are all the same. They loved Mancini, loved Cook, Don't trust "The Barca Boys" and would prioritise winning a derby over anything else. Flapping your hand at Ferguson and saying bad things about Man United is more important to them than having a harmonious, winning machine (which is of course what really matters if you know anything about football).

Mancini is also the only City manager in history to lose a 2 horse title race to Man United - and they had an inferior team. Buy, yeah, he did great gobby gentures to Ferguson that time and rocked the Miami Vice in a City Scarf look.
And took the banner down ...and won 1-6 , 93:30, fa cup win

Just saying

Jesus wept, you are so ignorant. Practically every word of that is nonsense. Love is blind I suppose. For a start if you think the Mancini stories were "bullshit" you've never spoke to someone who was in his squad, backroom team or who managed him. I have. Plenty of them. You also conveniently ignore that the exact same thing has happened during every club job he's ever had, which is why he's been sacked from them all (that's five times).

What actually happened was that Pep had agreed to be our manager at the end of the 2012 season when it looked like it had gone tits up at Easter. Then United imploded, we won it with 93:20 and the club had no choice but to offer him a new contract. There were big disputes about this contract, because City wanted to cover themselves with break/escape clauses. That caused transfer activity to stop. When he eventally signed we'd missed out on most of our big targets.

Pep took a year out to wait for us but wanted a job and took Bayern. He promised us we'd be his next job so we took Pellegrini on and told him absolutely straight that when Pep left Bayern he was coming to City.

These facts have been told to me by a City Director, and most are now in the public domain.
Ha ha ha

Gotcha you mug. That was as easy as taking sweets off a kid Dismal!

Just saying
He did an awful lot of good in his time with us. I fell out with loads of posters towards the end when the writing was on the wall but I stupidly refused to accept it.
I think too many look back at that time with blue tinted specs though and whenever using it as a stick to beat Pep with forget that things had gotten much worse than they are right now.

He did an awful lot of good in his time with us. I fell out with loads of posters towards the end when the writing was on the wall but I stupidly refused to accept it.
I think too many look back at that time with blue tinted specs though and whenever using it as a stick to beat Pep with forget that things had gotten much worse than they are right now.
He was the right manager at the time , he also dragged us out from under the rags, people forget what a shift that was . Anyhow i dont know what it has to do with pep 2021

Just saying
All true and 93;20 was probably the greatest moment for any City fan, but the team got themselves into a situation where we ended up 8 points behind with 6 games left and needing 93;20. so as great and memorable as it was we also very nearly blew it that season. Still Mancini was great for us, but that's gone we need to live with what great times Peps giving us now because that too will be gone before we know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.