Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Pep complains again, about the lack of 5 subs.

But doesn't bring on Foden, doesn't put any of the kids who won the Youth Cup, on the bench & instead picks no strikers, 2 mids, a shit left back & 3 central defenders, one of whom is dogshit & wants to leave.

All a bit Donald Trump imo.

He's also said today that he's very happy with the start to the season because we've only lost one game.

He clearly doesn't believe that and I don't know why he even bothers to give such a stupid response. It doesn't get the press off his back, doesn't placate the supporters who are losing patience and it's not going to inspire anyone in the team.

I get that every manager says one thing in public and another behind closed doors but, from my point of view, a consistent theme since he's been here has been listening to him in interviews and thinking "dear god, please shut the fuck up."

Whether it's telling the supporters they need to be more supportive, "Bernardo isn't racist because he has all kinds of friends", telling the world that Eric Garcia wants to leave right before an important Champions League game, "Aguero didn't do anything wrong because he's the nicest guy" or shit like this where he blatantly lies about performances, I just find myself thinking "fuck me, this guy does not have his finger on the pulse whatsoever."

Occasionally he nails it, like after the CAS appeal but the rest of the time he just comes across as completely out of touch.

He's also said today that he's very happy with the start to the season because we've only lost one game.

He clearly doesn't believe that and I don't know why he even bothers to give such a stupid response. It doesn't get the press off his back, doesn't placate the supporters who are losing patience and it's not going to inspire anyone in the team.

I get that every manager says one thing in public and another behind closed doors but, from my point of view, a consistent theme since he's been here has been listening to him in interviews and thinking "dear god, please shut the fuck up."

Whether it's telling the supporters they need to be more supportive, "Bernardo isn't racist because he has all kinds of friends", telling the world that Eric Garcia wants to leave right before an important Champions League game, "Aguero didn't do anything wrong because he's the nicest guy" or shit like this where he blatantly lies about performances, I just find myself thinking "fuck me, this guy does not have his finger on the pulse whatsoever."

Occasionally he nails it, like after the CAS appeal but the rest of the time he just comes across as completely out of touch.

I agree with him re the idea of 5 subs, but I don't understand him complaining so strongly after a game where he's completely failed to use the resources he does have available.

I agree with him re the idea of 5 subs, but I don't understand him complaining so strongly after a game where he's completely failed to use the resources he does have available.

Some people will defend him no matter what and are doing the same with regards to that but it's fucking nonsensical.

You can't rush a player back from injury and overplay him all the way into another one, then in a different game refuse to sub off another knackered player who also looks like they picked up a knock because they're limping around and then spend your post match interview moaning about not being able to make more subs.

The point itself is right but he has the self awareness of a fucking futon.

I understand what your saying but realistically, what difference would anyone other than Foden made yesterday?
I think he should have put Foden on but something was mentioned in the Why Always Us podcast today, did Pep want to put on Foden and then he saw Klopp change something and decide it was no longer the best move?
Very easy to sit here and think he should have gone for it and thrown on Foden but it seemed Pep was more worried about losing than winning, argue that either way....

If we can push through the 5 subs thing and in January we are looking at the bench and have any of Bernardo, Mahrez, Torres, Aguero, Jesus and so forth there then perhaps he will use them.

Could we have had Cole Palmer isntead of Garcia yesterday, probably, but is he also wary of letting them players play in their own leagues and go with what he is being told on their physical condition etc?

If they're not getting onto the pitch (1 sub yesterday) then they're better off playing football imho, they're training with the first team squad so still getting development with them.

Maybe although I would argue that the matchday experience is another level up for them.

On a different thread , do you think Pep's stance in asking for 5 subs in the PL when he doesn't use the ones at his disposal currently, sounds a bit strange ?

What the fuck was that non-substitution of Foden about yesterday for instance ?

Last edited:
It’s the Lillo effect!
Juan Manuel Lillo
I was just going to say the same till I seen you post.

I think he got it right yesterday with the double pivot. It enabled Gundagon to drop deep and collect the ball. Rodri was being doubled up on and that stopped us bringing the ball out through him. Problem was this slowed us down a touch as all the game was being played in front of us and we had to be considered in our build up play.
It was not fast and it was not free flowing, but it worked. We totally nullified Liverpool as an attacking threat really and then ground them down. It looked slow and laboured, with the ball going back and sideways between Dias, Gundagon and Laporte. But it gave us control of the game and a platform to build from. If KDB scores that penalty and the second half played out the same, people would be praising Pep for a tactical master class and how it was a perfect performance by the team. Unfortunately it was not to be. The margins between success and failure are so small really.

Liverpool are a good team. Not a fan of the club or their fans but the team deserve credit. Yesterday was a pretty decent performance by us and I don't understand all the negativity I have read on here since yesterday.

You could ask why did we not go fit it when Liverpool looked there for the taking in the second half. It was sensible really. I think it was a must not lose game rather than a must win. This could be an 80-85 point winning season. Looking at the season as whole so far, it looks like things have evened up a little bit between the top 8 or 9 teams and all capable of taking points off each other.

The goals will come. With Jesus fit and looking good, we can ease Sergio back in. Torres can then be used on either wing. It gives us different options and back up which we have not had this season.

We look solid, we are hard to beat and the defence seems more settled than it has been for years.

We will come good after the international break. The bench will no longer look threadbare and we will have genuine attacking options available , rather than the 3 centre backs we had on the bench yesterday.

I am hoping this pragmatism by Pep is just smart management. He seems to have resolved the issues in defence. It was then a case of getting everyone fit. We are sailing through the champions league, through in the league Cup and in touch with everyone in the league. We have the ideal platform to go and kick on now. We need to get the balance right in midfield, but that may be horses for courses. The goals will take care of themselves, someone is due a tonking.

There has been too much negativity on here. I think Pep is boxing clever at the minute rather than being pragmatic.

Last edited:

losing patience, a few dickheads on bluemoon doesnt mean the fans are losing patience, ive not heard anything bad regarding pep from city fans i speak too just the "experts" on bluemoon, im a fan don't include me , im losing patience with the experts on here.

"pragmatic" is a nice word for what pep has been through this season so far, which is cowardly.
he puts his neck on the line, he says there is my team ,this is my philosophy and he will live or die by that, he is prepared to take his philosophy around europe , manage in different countries ,what have you ever done big bollox ? except spout shit on the forum,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.