Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
But unless he was once certain he was leaving, why would it make him change his approach? I could be wrong but I think there’s been some serious talks between the coaching team and they are effectively admitting that playing the nice guy doesn’t work with this team. It was going a bit Pellegrini and I feel like he’s finally acknowledged it. Could be wrong though!
I don't know 100% if anything has changed, but if it has it's possible Khaldoon may have had an input into it.

Bout time Pep. The club is ready to go again. The sabbatical is over, no more patting each other on the back for playing well 2 seasons ago.

This is the mentality change that we have been waiting for and needed. Raise your game or you won’t play. Hopefully the injuries will not hamper Pep as we try and build on the Burnley result.

City are back man, Pep is at the wheel...oops wrong thread.

Pep Guardiola: "It’s not about rest here. I saw KDB a little bit exhausted mentally [last week]. But right now I use the players who are in better conditions or more focused. If the players think they have been rested because I am rotating, they have made a big mistake..."

Pep Guardiola: "I put in every game the best players, sometimes for the benefit of the team, sometimes because of injuries, but especially the players who play well. It’s not about the players who believe, 'I deserve to start because I have been here for three or four years'."

Pep Guardiola: "It doesn’t matter if you have won a lot of titles in the past or you score a lot of goals — you have to show it on the pitch in the recent past, in the present and especially in the future."

Pep Guardiola: “The youngest player that we have, Phil Foden, gets the same treatment and opportunities as Fernandinho, our most experienced player."

Pep Guardiola: "He [Stones] was so concentrated on not making mistakes. What we're looking for from the back four is “don’t make mistakes”. The guys who help me, help the team, have more chance to play. The other ones? They have to wait for this opportunity."

PEP :In football, what you have done in the past, doesn’t mean you do it in the present. If the players consider this, they have a big mistake. By being good, you have a chance to play. It’s not complicated.

PEP :The other ones have to wait for the opportunity. Fight and wait for the moment and when they have the moment, do it as best you can – as well as possible. That’s how it works. What happened a week ago is already over – it’s in the past.
Okay!!! I'm back on the bandwagon. Was wondering where the cutthroat Pep went. It sounds like he is back :)

Okay!!! I'm back on the bandwagon. Was wondering where the cutthroat Pep went. It sounds like he is back :)
Not before time,he's been a shadow of himself recently.

Hopefully the mini downer the club has suffered,is now a thing of the past.

Great to hear these comments from Pep and completely agree with him. Selection should be based on how a player performs in training and on the pitch and not on how long they have been here. Looks like Pep has his mojo back.

It is good to hear him say these things but saying he picks players based on performances is just bollocks isn't it because why has FFS been in the starting line up the last few weeks? that wasn't on merit at all because he has been awful up until the Burnley game.

It is good to hear him say these things but saying he picks players based on performances is just bollocks isn't it because why has FFS been in the starting line up the last few weeks? that wasn't on merit at all because he has been awful up until the Burnley game.
Sterling started the Olympiacos game and was very wasteful. Mahrez got a chance in Burnley game. I am sure sterling will get a chance in porto or Fulham game. Or maybe mahrez gets a start against porto to prove it was'nt a one time fluke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.