Pep Guardiola - 2020/21 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
On him again this. It’s becoming very concerning, we have seen pep make weird poor decisions in the past but they were irregular one-off games. We’re now seeing a pattern of piss poor choices that don’t seem to be gambles that aren’t paying off but more flat out poor tactics. There’s a few players not performing but there’s other options yet he continues with them every week so at that point you have to stop blaming the players entirely and start questioning the manager.

This is the worst football we’ve seen under Pep. Not seen any changes that are likeable since his new assistant came in either.

I’ve never been bothered about him not signing a new contract yet but did warn if we were to see a series of poor form it could become a problem, were not far away from that right now.

When is he going to find out that Rodri and Gundogan doesn’t work together? Our buildup is so slow with both of them on the pitch, with 2 players doing the work of 1. Only one of them should play at the same time at DM with 2 of Kev, Bernardo and Foden (or potentially Doyle) in front. Both of them rely on having players that can run in front of them.

Also, we always struggle against 5atb formations. Inverted wingers that’s only capable of cutting in is clearly not the solution. Pep has overall been awful since we won the league cup in early march. Weird formations, bad lineups and rarely gets his subs right. He also smiles and seems unaffected when we drop points. Doesn’t seem commited. Unpopular opinion, but I think he should go

when he picks the same team that was awful in midweek till he changed it, then it's hard to really know where to go from here, because we can pick out players who are playing poorly or not good enough but he is completely undermining it at the moment for whatever reason. I'm sure he has reasons but the more we fiddle and go in a direction that doesn't work the more I yearn to go back to the core fundamentals that we set out on at the start of his tenure, I don't know why we moved away from it, it wasn't logical at the time and it's bearing unripe fruit now. Just needs to reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.