Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd keep him forever, or as long as he wants to stay.

We may not have won a CL yet but look at everything we have won. Our club is so well run and our team has a real identity, and Pep is a huge part of that.

We can't win everything, and sometimes he does things that in hindsight weren't the best decision.

But he's the best manager in the world for our club.

Last edited:
Guardiola is the best league manager in the world because all games are treated as 3 points and any draws/losses can be compensated with winning other games.

In the cups when it's a one off tie he gets found out.
I agree with that assessment.

That is a harsh,but truthful reality.

Over a season he has proved time,and time again he is a very good manager who will win you League Titles with the right investment obviously.

Over the last 8,9 years with us and Bayern he has failed to win the Champions League.

In one off high profile games he has admitted himself he can over think them.I think there in lies the problem. trying to be too clever for his own good.Reinventing the Wheel.

I felt tonight we were playing far to deep most of the game tbh.I also felt his Subs reflected that he personaly thought it was safe, job done.Bring on Sunday.Obviously i am not personally holding him responsible for those ridiculous mistakes that ultimately cost us the game.

But the fact is though, this was a Madrid side that had made it a habit of making late comebacks against PSG etc this season.He surely knew this.

Those Subs he made, meant we had no game changers left on the Pitch,AFTER THE LATE COMEBACK and were forced to use Groundhog Day (Sterling),And were literally doomed to be defeated.

I don’t know what the answer is. If Pep isn’t the man to get us over the line I don’t know who is. It wouldn’t surprise me if we finally end up winning it (and we will) with someone really unfancied at the helm, when we are no longer favourites to win it and the pressure is off.

You might be right. It's a lottery the CL. Sometimes the best team in Europe wins it and other times a team gets a good run and some luck and takes it. No one saw Chelsea winning it last year or when they beat Bayern.

We are getting more experience and whilst the players will have been hurting after the final, this has to be a learning curve again with a gutting defeat so late into the tie.

Draw on it and go again. We were excellent last season up to the final. Pep nailed it as did the players. But facing a team we had played twice recently and lost led to a tactical switch that failed.

Pep is still our best shot. He has a brilliant record. How many times did Ferguson win it? It isn't easy!

Liverpool and Real love this competition. It's their main aim each season. They've even played each other in a final in Paris before! Still early days for us and as a fanbase we are still generally more interested in the league.

I don’t know what the answer is. If Pep isn’t the man to get us over the line I don’t know who is. It wouldn’t surprise me if we finally end up winning it (and we will) with someone really unfancied at the helm, when we are no longer favourites to win it and the pressure is off.

Who is going to be our Roberto Di Matteo?

Spot on lineup, poor subs, lost at extra time. So different from the first leg when he got most things right and we should have gotten a better result. Maybe he needs an Arteta-like presence on the bench, more energetic and active in giving him ideas, than old pals who are undoubtedly very, very intelligent guys, but not adding much

I agree with that assessment.

That is a harsh,but truthful reality.

Over a season he has proved time,and time again he is a very good manager who will win you League Titles with the right investment obviously.

Over the last 8,9 years with us and Bayern he has failed to win the Champions League.

In one off high profile games he has admitted himself he can over think them.I think there in lies the problem. trying to be too clever for his own good.Reinventing the Wheel.

I felt tonight we were playing far to deep most of the game tbh.I also felt his Subs reflected that he personaly thought it was safe, job done.Bring on Sunday.Obviously i am not personally holding him responsible for those ridiculous mistakes that ultimately cost us the game.

But the fact is though, this was a Madrid side that had made it a habit of making late comebacks against PSG etc this season.He surely knew this.

Those Subs he made, meant we had no game changers left on the Pitch,AFTER THE LATE COMEBACK and were forced to use Groundhog Day (Sterling),And were literally doomed to be defeated.
Gundo Gsn, zincenko and freakish should all be able to keep the ball, that’s all we had to do, keep posesssion. We didn’t, we gave them opportunities to attack and defended woefully, not peps fault, logical subs in my opinion.

we might win the CL in a crazy fluke season as Chelsea did with interim Di Matteo.
still fucking angry about Tuchel last season, took over a shit Chelsea, that wasnt gonna finish in top 4 probably with Lampard, Tuchel comes in around January and 4-5 months later he wins CL for them and 3rd place maybe in league. plus they beat us in FA semis but lost the final.

only other time they got to final was with Avram Grant I think.

and not their best managers like Ancelotti, Mourinho, Conte etc.

You might be right. It's a lottery the CL. Sometimes the best team in Europe wins it and other times a team gets a good run and some luck and takes it. No one saw Chelsea winning it last year or when they beat Bayern.

We are getting more experience and whilst the players will have been hurting after the final, this has to be a learning curve again with a gutting defeat so late into the tie.

Draw on it and go again. We were excellent last season up to the final. Pep nailed it as did the players. But facing a team we had played twice recently and lost led to a tactical switch that failed.

Pep is still our best shot. He has a brilliant record. How many times did Ferguson win it? It isn't easy!

Liverpool and Real love this competition. It's their main aim each season. They've even played each other in a final in Paris before! Still early days for us and as a fanbase we are still generally more interested in the league.
12 years in CL now. Its certainly not early days for us. We keep failing and failing yet we keep hearing the same excuses.

Major overhaul this summer required to get the bottlers out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.