Pep Guardiola - 2021/22 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Pep is a monster suited to the warfare of a league campaign. He is capable of grinding down opponents over a season . In cup competitions he is less reliable as his style of attrition can be undone by the odd freak result or an opponent throwing everything at us.
Last week in Madrid was a bit like the Spurs game at the Etihad where they suddenly sprung out of defence with speed and strength to overwhelm our defence.

I think Pep is a monster suited to the warfare of a league campaign. He is capable of grinding down opponents over a season . In cup competitions he is less reliable as his style of attrition can be undone by the odd freak result or an opponent throwing everything at us.
Last week in Madrid was a bit like the Spurs game at the Etihad where they suddenly sprung out of defence with speed and strength to overwhelm our defence.
i saw this quote after the game. really liked it

What?
Clear chances for Madrid over 2 legs other than their goals:
Vinicius tap in
Benzema header
Rodrygo 1v1 at the end
Ours:
- 3 1v1 from Mahrez in 1st game, 1v1 from Foden 1st game, tap in with no GK from Foden, Laporte alone shoots straight to Cortouis, Bernardo 1v1 in Bernabeu, Fernandinho easy tap in, Foden header that Cortouis barely touches, 2 super clear 1v1 from Grealish.

That's 3 vs 11 super clear chances. How the hell didn't we deserve to go through?
You do know scoring chances is actually part of the game? You can't say I had a chance so deserve a goal. It's as daft as saying we wouldn't have conceded if the keeper had saved it.

Football is about the ball going in the net. Nearly going in the net doesn't mean shit. Having a lot of chances and not converting just means the players struggle in that department. You may as well say we didn't deserve to lose because our defender almost headed the ball. But he didn't.

lol media here in Portugal and Spain are mad he apparently mentioned José Mourinho's Roma as an example of a team that spent a lot and will not get champions league football.

edit: I listened to both the embargoed and the regular press conference and didnt find what they are quoting

Last edited:
lol media here in Portugal and Spain are mad he apparently mentioned José Mourinho's Roma as an example of a team that spent a lot and will not get champions league football.

Now that **** mourinho will take a stab at city/pep, not very well played. He should've just mentioned united to prove his poinr
Does anyone take anything Jose says seriously these days?

Now that **** mourinho will take a stab at city/pep, not very well played. He should've just mentioned united to prove his poinr
Who gives a fuck what that failed wanker maureen has to say?

And who gives a fuck what the media is Portugal and Spain are up to?

Did you stumble on to the wrong site by mistake? Looking for tractors or something similar perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.