Pep Guardiola - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah, don’t buy that. We’ve not played for 7 days, we’ve only got 1 more game before an international break and he picked a team that was always going to struggle, and what a surprise it did. We got out of jail tonight due to 2 wonder strikes.

He has always prioritised the Champs league and for some bizarre reason tonight he picked an underwhelming line up. No idea why.
I'd have said this was a classic line up against a team he expected to be tough.

He regularly picks "control" lineups in the Champions League. Mahrez is a CL regular, and Grealish and Gundogan are players who slow the game down and control it.

Foden, de Bruyne, Alvarez, Haaland, are all disruptors who create a more chaotic game. Bernardo arguably does both, but is not as likely to slow things down.

I'd have said this was a classic line up against a team he expected to be tough.

He regularly picks "control" lineups in the Champions League. Mahrez is a CL regular, and Grealish and Gundogan are players who slow the game down and control it.

Foden, de Bruyne, Alvarez, Haaland, are all disruptors who create a more chaotic game. Bernardo arguably does both, but is not as likely to slow things down.
Last night's starting XI was OD-ing on control, that was one of the problems. Mahrez's chronic lack of form so far is another, he and Grealish are just too similar to be effective as a pairing out wide, show them inside where they can run into traffic and they're little threat, especially Grealish.

I think we do "chaotic" better than any team I've ever watched, it's remarkably successful. We tend to stumble more often when we go for control.

With that lineup he expect Dortmund will be their usual attacking styles, been surprised that they do the opposite and playing pragmatic counter attacking tactic.

Maybe if he do opposite playing foden, bernardo and alvarez as starter and bring Grealish, Mahrez and Gundogan as sub to control the game and protect the lead it will be much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.