Pep Guardiola - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is/was a theory that Pep didn't get just what the derby meant to the fans. The ones arguing that, they point to our record against them at the council house. Which is distinctly muck, to be honest. And then those that argue the other side point to our record at the Meccano Set, which is very good. Tomorrow is his chance to kill off that point of view.

There is/was a theory that Pep didn't get just what the derby meant to the fans. The ones arguing that, they point to our record against them at the council house. Which is distinctly muck, to be honest. And then those that argue the other side point to our record at the Meccano Set, which is very good. Tomorrow is his chance to kill off that point of view

I for one am confident that he will. Last season, both derbies were ridiculously one sided. A win tomorrow, especially a convincing one will give us a real edge psychologically (especially as fans) over them. Most rags have really bought in the Ten Bob revolution, a convincing win for us tomorrow will crush them and leave our recent record in the derby looking very good indeed. (4 wins from 5)

There is/was a theory that Pep didn't get just what the derby meant to the fans. The ones arguing that, they point to our record against them at the council house. Which is distinctly muck, to be honest. And then those that argue the other side point to our record at the Meccano Set, which is very good. Tomorrow is his chance to kill off that point of view.
I edge more to the camp of the former rather than the later, probably because a derby victory cannot possibly mean more to Pep than me. I have too much history with this game and far too many past hurts that still need to be soothed. Pep sees a bigger picture, he sees the whole season and for him where we are at the end is what counts. That's the way it should be but today all voices of reason fly out of the window, I want the win.

Just based on how many great songs there could have been if City kept their foot on the gas I have to give Pep 2 out of 10 today.

That wasn’t strange at all. It was good management. Players need rest after internationals and with 3 games in 6 days. Other players need game time. Haaland stayed on because he’s our most important player and the rest of them need to learn how to supply him.

Spot on.

Haaland will be loving the minutes too,and its clear as day that the team are responding to his game now.

Giving 2 goals away was more than worth risking unnecessary injuries.

Sign that contract Pep, you won't find a team or situation any better than us.
With his guidance this squad is capable of winning everything for many years to come, imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.