Pep Guardiola - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said this many times before, but there's a beautiful irony here.

All the press and other clubs here want Pep gone. They had done since before he arrived. They want it even more ever since he proved them all wrong repeatedly.

But all this bashing him and the club has made him bond with the club. Each time we stand together, he digs his heels in, and Pep fights.

He's too attached to the club now. Every time he thinks about calling it a day, he probably is empowered by the fact that his staying is a big middle finger to everyone who wants him gone.

If the press had left him alone, appreciated his talent, and not gone OTT on the club, Pep probably could've walked away into the sunset with fond memories and a decent legacy.

Now, he's stuck here. Everyone loses but us.

I think most football fans want Pep to stay. I do. His contribution to English football has been huge. English football would be poorer without him and I think many, many fans agree with me.

I think you are turning into a City fan Jack...
Come on board

I’ve made no secret in the years I’ve been posting on here how much I admire the style of football Pep has brought to City - at times, absolute brilliant with brilliant players but my heart has only space for Arsenal. And you know, many of us fans enjoyed the dominance of United and Liverpool being smashed by City these past few years. We haven’t really challenged for the title in a long time so we have a great deal of schadenfreude when you stuff both of them. Were the league to be wholly dominated by just a couple of teams, the league would be boring so it’s good to have different teams challenging.

Pep was everything we needed yesterday. The subtle threats he made to the rest were absolutely outstanding, it will make them all think and there will have been a few gulps at that in rival boardrooms!
Then he backed that up with the head shaking, tut tut, "I'm staying more than ever!"

One thing is certain, they all know he is the best football manager in the world, capable of rebuilding and motivating the best players over sustained periods. Only one other has ever achieved that and sadly he was over the road.

I can only assume those evil cnuts watching, felt like they were in a room with the worlds most dangerous serial killer!

He was that good!

Pep was everything we needed yesterday. The subtle threats he made to the rest were absolutely outstanding, it will make them all think and there will have been a few gulps at that in rival boardrooms!
Then he backed that up with the head shaking, tut tut, "I'm staying more than ever!"

One thing is certain, they all know he is the best football manager in the world, capable of rebuilding and motivating the best players over sustained periods. Only one other has ever achieved that and sadly he was over the road.

I can only assume those evil cnuts watching, felt like they were in a room with the worlds most dangerous serial killer!

He was that good!

Pep, in his second language ran rings around the supposed ''top'' sports journalists in the country, it was a sight to behold, especially when he casually threw in the Julius Caesar quote! Poor Barney Ronay will have been up all night researching that theme for his next hatchet job article.

Having seen Pep's staunch defence of the club, as well as various analysis from Prestwich Blue and others who have kindly broken down the charges, I am more calm about the situation than I was when it was first announced. Pep clearly loves it at City and has close friends in very senior positions, but first and foremost he has his own reputation to protect, not only as a manger, but his integrity. I would imagine his own lawyers know every detail of the charges and are comfortable for him to take this position.

If Pep had doubts I don't think there's a chance he would front up to the media like that, he would be within his rights to state that there is an ongoing enquiry, which he won't comment on and his focus is on matters on the pitch.

Last edited:
I've said this many times before, but there's a beautiful irony here.

All the press and other clubs here want Pep gone. They had done since before he arrived. They want it even more ever since he proved them all wrong repeatedly.

But all this bashing him and the club has made him bond with the club. Each time we stand together, he digs his heels in, and Pep fights.

He's too attached to the club now. Every time he thinks about calling it a day, he probably is empowered by the fact that his staying is a big middle finger to everyone who wants him gone.

If the press had left him alone, appreciated his talent, and not gone OTT on the club, Pep probably could've walked away into the sunset with fond memories and a decent legacy.

Now, he's stuck here. Everyone loses but us.
Spot on.

Jealousy is a very powerful driver.

The media have lost all perspective on MCFC and have systematically treated us like the pantomime villans for years.

They've not only gone and scored an own goal, They've blown both feet off.

Nuclear. When Pep said he now wants to stay here more than ever, you could almost feel the disappointment amongst the ‘reporters’.
The first question was about him leaving. He knew they were trying to manipulate him and he smashed it out of the park on behalf of us blues. He’s the fuckin’ man!

Josep Guardiola is the fuckin’ man
Don’t call him a Spaniard - he’s a Catalan
Josep hates UEFA, he hates the Prem League too
‘Cause Josep Guardiola is a fuckin’ BLUE

;-)
Most new songs that are posted here are quite cringeworthy, this one is class, get it going Blues, loud and proud.

Let's be clear: our manager is recognised as a genius of the game and one of the most intelligent, tactically innovative football minds there has ever been. As a man, he has integrity, leadership and balls, and that is what has brought us the success we have had. His former players speak about him as a great person, someone who has changed the way they view the game and someone who has added to their lives; he has added to mine. I am filled with admiration for the way he has dealt with this issue. He absolutely speared the hacks present, and took them to the heart of the matter at hand, and a truth that they don't want to face. We are in the presence of greatness, and I intend to celebrate it as long as it lasts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.