Pep Guardiola - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The greatest ever and it’s not even remotely close.
When he came 7 years ago all the talk was how he won’t adapt to english way of playing and he’ll be gone in a couple of seasons.
But it turned out the rest had to change to his way of playing to have even the slightest chance of challenging us!
And unfortunately for our rivals, I don’t think he is leaving anytime soon.

The greatest ever and it’s not even remotely close.
When he came 7 years ago all the talk was how he won’t adapt to english way of playing and he’ll be gone in a couple of seasons.
But it turned out the rest had to change to his way of playing to have even the slightest chance of challenging us!
And unfortunately for our rivals, I don’t think he is leaving anytime soon.
Being the best Guardiola possible works. This season was a testament. Unfortunately, the real Guardiola is still around.

In fairness to camelgob in a pre match programme with Joleon yesterday, he was unequivocal that Pep was the greatest and he summed it up quite nicely by pointing out that whilst ancelotti had won many CLs; gpc had won many PLs and a treble etc etc that until Pep, no one had ever changed an entire football pyramid in a country,

They were pointing out his influence extends all the way to Hackney Marshes, you can go down there and watch centre halfs dropping back into the corners to take a rolled pass from the keeper and that is the level of impact he has had.

As a young lad, much as I loved our boys, I watched Cruyff in that iconic Dutch side and was mesmerized by the beauty and style of how they played. Little did I know that I'd have the privilege of watching Cruyff's heir carrying the torch even higher and brighter at my very own football team.

Last edited:
I'm so happy for Pep.

I'm sure even the great man himself had doubts after going for >10 years without winning it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.