Pep Guardiola - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pep clearly just making stuff up to justify poor team selection. Picking happy players over better options. Oh dear.....
No I don't think so. If I read that right, Phil is pissed and showing it. Pep wants happy faces, in training and especially when not selected - he has been clear about that from day 1. If thats true its up to Phil to knuckle down, work hard and get over his disappointment.

He's the greatest manager to ever exist in my eyes but I think this season he's been well below his best standard.

The inverted fullbacks have been a problem all season, against Newcastle away we played with inverted fullbacks and it enabled Saint Maximin and Almiron to transition on us all game.

Liverpool was just abysmal, they were there for the taking and Guardiola decided to play a back three where our biggest threat was under instruction not to run at a 37 year old fullback.

Brentford at home, no subs until the 89th minute. Everton at home, no subs until the 80th minute.

It feels like because Guardiola has become even more obsessed with us having the ball and that he has to compensate for us having an actual #9 by us keeping the ball and moving it slower.

Manchester City have done Manchester City things best when we play with a high intensity and move the ball with purpose. At the moment our intensity is that of a side that's already winning the game 4-0.

Brentford was just two PL games ago hardly an impressive stat saying we haven't dropped points since then up until yesterday.

We were rubbish yesterday with that team selection and no amount of spin will change that.
Not really sure what that has to do with the post you replied to which was about controlling the chances we give up when different combinations of players are used. We weren’t rubbish either, just not quite good enough to overcome Evertons spoiling game, it happens to us most seasons in some games and the same people over react ever season and then go quiet when we win the league usually.

Reactions: OB1
Brentford was just two PL games ago hardly an impressive stat saying we haven't dropped points since then up until yesterday.

We were rubbish yesterday with that team selection and no amount of spin will change that.
The point isn't that we're on a huge winning run - it's that we weren't rubbish against Everton.

We stopped them almost completely, and were unlucky only to score once. Sometimes these games happen, but it wasn't a poor performance.

I pointed out Brentford because we were genuinely poor that day, that was the last time Phil started, and Pep specifically referred to the last three games, and we've played three since the Brentford.

The happy thing with pep has worked but if Haaland Kdb and Rodri had a slapped arse all week do we think they would be sitting on the bench come the weekend game?
Haaland and KDB possibly as he can play without either if he wants to Rodri not so much.

More evidence (if any was needed) that Pep is off his nut. He really is an odd character.

Genius and madness frequently go hand in hand.

This is how he has been since he has been here wants happy faces in training and we can’t say it hasn’t worked! If you looked at Sterling in his last year the photos that come out his smile looked strained and players can fake “happy” but not be happy!

No I don't think so. If I read that right, Phil is pissed and showing it. Pep wants happy faces, in training and especially when not selected - he has been clear about that from day 1. If thats true its up to Phil to knuckle down, work hard and get over his disappointment.
And KDB plays well when unhappy. I guess Phil is unhappy because a player with less ability is getting starts ahead of him. Who wouldn't be.

The point isn't that we're on a huge winning run - it's that we weren't rubbish against Everton.

We stopped them almost completely, and were unlucky only to score once. Sometimes these games happen, but it wasn't a poor performance.

I pointed out Brentford because we were genuinely poor that day, that was the last time Phil started, and Pep specifically referred to the last three games, and we've played three since the Brentford.
Jeeze I can't beleive you thought we were not poor vs Everton. We created so little with that team and formation. But each to his own.

Phil consistently creates more chances than either Mahrez or Grealish. But by your judgement we won't see him start the next two games because Grealish and Mahrez played well against Everton is that what you are saying?

And KDB plays well when unhappy. I guess Phil is unhappy because a player with less ability is getting starts ahead of him. Who wouldn't be.
Nobody that wants to succeed in Peps squad.
If he wants a starting position he needs to fix it and play better when he gets the opportunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.