Pep Guardiola - 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's amazing how lost points reveal exactly what is wrong with our team, the manager and his tactics.
That's normally how it works, especially when you grossly underperform as the heavy favorites. We're quite a bit away from the little engine that could.

I’ll say this before I say cheerio. The lack of faith some have when we are barely half way through a season is embarrassing.
So let me ask you, you have faith that we can win the Prem, the CL, or both with Mahrez and Grealish as the principle wide pairing up front, Rico in the midfield over either Bernardo or Gundo, Ake at LB, and Foden, Alvarez, Walker and Cancelo glued to the bench? Good luck with that. That's not faith. Sorry but that's either being delusional or disingenuous.

Why Pep didn't take off Mahrez yesterday was beyond me to be honest

We were relying on crosses and he‘s got one of the best deliveries in the squad. Like the Rodri chance right at the end. And the assist for our only goal

One thing I really,  really can't understand is why we haven't played our best front 3 since the start of October. We played Grealish - Haaland - Foden against Sevilla away, Wolves away and United at home and were completely dominant in all 3 games. At Wolves, all 3 of them got on the scoresheet and against United, Erling and Phil got hat tricks and Jack played one of his best games for us. It was all going brilliantly.

That front 3 hasn't played since.

This 1000000%

The frustrating thing about it all is that it’s not that it hasn’t worked already this season. When we were struggling in 2020/21 we clicked into gear when we found the formation to thrive in.

This season we battered Utd at home then moved away from that team almost immediately. Baffling really.

This reminds me of the covid season, 20- 21, when Pep stated that he didn't like his team and the way we were playing. It all changed when we went to Chelsea and battered them and got the season back on track. Let's hope the game at Stamford Bridge this week proves to do the same this season. Pep seems to be having one of those weird moments he has from time to time with regards to his team selection. I'm sure he will figure it out, he has done in the past.

That is very obvious. How many supporters have even half a clue what Positional Play is actually all about?
But how about those that do? There are plenty of knowledgeable supporters who support this club. Just because they are not Pep doesn't automatically make them out to be clueless idiots who can't raise reasonable questions about wtf is going on. What a terrible, condescending narrative that is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.