Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Think hes working miracles this season. We lost a major part of the team in gundogan. De bruyne has been out most of the season as has stones. The fact were still in the 3 major comps is a huge accomplishment after last seasons achievements. It would be easy to take a breather. But no.
no one has won 4 prems on the spin and for good reason. Its a gargantuan effort to win it once. Never mind back to back to back.
He can be a little stubborn sometimes, like his persistence with alavarez in midfield, but hes a genius and hes right a hell of a lot more then hes wrong.

Some of the performances are on him this season though. His tactics and team lineups in certain games have been incredibly baffling.

I suppose he was due a bad season.

I think until we play Real Madrid as well, we cannot judge the Champions League. Easiest group we have ever had with teams that were barely conference league level involved, and then we got Copenhagen in the R16.

We would have got a harder run in the Europa League.

This season all stems from the transfer window in my opinion. Pound for pound the worst since 2012 when we got Scott Sinclair etc...

It should have been made a priority by Pep and Txiki to have offered Gundogan the 2 years plus 1 contract he wanted last January.

Anyone watching French football last year would have told you while Doku has the potential, he showed nothing of note to justify he was ready for City. His next move was to a West Ham or Brighton, maybe Spurs.

Lost 30/40 goal contributions a season in Gundogan and Mahrez and replaced them with gambles and potential.

Nunes was the very definition of panic buy and Walker should not have been pandered to like he was.

Kovacic to be fair was a no brainer and I think Gvardiol will be great long-term for us.

Some of the performances are on him this season though. His tactics and team lineups in certain games have been incredibly baffling.

I suppose he was due a bad season.

I think until we play Real Madrid as well, we cannot judge the Champions League. Easiest group we have ever had with teams that were barely conference league level involved, and then we got Copenhagen in the R16.

We would have got a harder run in the Europa League.

This season all stems from the transfer window in my opinion. Pound for pound the worst since 2012 when we got Scott Sinclair etc...

It should have been made a priority by Pep and Txiki to have offered Gundogan the 2 years plus 1 contract he wanted last January.

Anyone watching French football last year would have told you while Doku has the potential, he showed nothing of note to justify he was ready for City. His next move was to a West Ham or Brighton, maybe Spurs.

Lost 30/40 goal contributions a season in Gundogan and Mahrez and replaced them with gambles and potential.

Nunes was the very definition of panic buy and Walker should not have been pandered to like he was.

Kovacic to be fair was a no brainer and I think Gvardiol will be great long-term for us.
"It should have been made a priority by Pep and Txiki to have offered Gundogan the 2 years plus 1 contract he wanted last January."

FFS HE WANTED TO LEAVE.

A gem from RedCafe, started off with a valid point and ended up blaming Pep for other managers copying him.

There are many things I hate about his football not just one. The lack of flair players expressing themselves bar Messi. Now, you might get some flair here and there from players like Mahrez etc but they are never the same as they were before because of his system. He killed players like Grealish due to the rigidity of his style and fear of losing the ball. Grealish himself said so. I hate managers like that. That’s why i always rate managers like klopp higher than him.

Boring cnut killed the joy watching football for me. He’s the reason every team tries to play from the back now no matter how pitiful they are and can’t execute it i.e us. He’s the reason for starting this god awful false striker shit. Now there’s a real dearth of even decent strikers. And Now he’s onto his next shenanigans of playing 4 cbs in the backline. Won’t be long before every team having 4 cbs in defense marking the death of marauding fullbacks in football. Visionary my arse, the guy is a football criminal.

I wish Pep would take a page out of Enrique's book and start taking Haaland off, as the former has Mbappe this season. If Arsenal is going to park the bus, bring on a player in Bobb who can operate in tight quarters. It's like he's afraid of hurting Haaland's ego.
Enriques taking Mbappe off probably because he wants the team to start playing without him, i doubt it has anything to do with him playing poorly.

Despite him having poor performances In tight games Haaland is another option defending set pieces.

"It should have been made a priority by Pep and Txiki to have offered Gundogan the 2 years plus 1 contract he wanted last January."

FFS HE WANTED TO LEAVE.

Gundgoan in September:

“In the end, it wasn't about a year or two. It didn't hit the runtime. City waited a relatively long time for the talks to really get more intense. If that had happened a little earlier, the starting position would have been different,” Gundogan stated in an interview with German publication Bild.

I reckon Pep will do one more season then he’s off, our greatest ever manager. Only my opinion mind.
It’s potentially interesting that Alonso has chosen to stay at Leverkusen for another year and turn down some big jobs that more than likely won’t be available again in 12 months’ time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.