Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

God, the stench of entitlement is overpowering.

We're in the hunt for a back-to-back treble, 2 points off the top (we've been 8 points behind at this stage before) in the FA Cup Semi Final, the Champions League Quarter-FInals, and Pep is "having a bad season".

Some people on here fear more what we could lose and don't praise what we've actually achieved this season (UEFA Super Cup, FIFA Club World Cup) and it is obvious.

We've scored 7 goals in our last 6 PL games, 3 of which came against United who take on average 25 shots from any half decent side. Pep needs to find a solution to that even if it means losing a bit of control and possession.
Agree with this, I feel like it's Juanma's influence too, total possession. Even play with 2 genuine strikers, if Haaland has 2 centre backs marking him then surely it's a field day for Alvarez?

Ancelotti got one more season at Madrid.

That's the job he wants in my opinion.
He will end up at the dippers, he is a smart guy not going in straight after Klopp, they will be a huge dropp off for them next season and they will lose key players

Klopp to Real more likely.

If you didn't sleep well last night just think how Pep must be like.
The man is like a machine that can't switch off, if we think he should have done this or that you can believe he has thought it and more.
For some reason fan's think he just shrugs his shoulders and gets on with his life but I don't doubt nothing could be further from the truth. Tomorrow's documentary I think may give us an insight into how he copes.
No matter how things play out from here on in it won't be for lack of trying from Pep.

Ancelotti got one more season at Madrid.

That's the job he wants in my opinion.
A friend of mine, who has a season ticket at Madrid and is pretty well connected, thinks that Klopp is replacing Ancelotti and to be fair to him he was saying that before Klopp announced he was leaving.

Who knows? I’m only looking at it from our angle, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Guardiola did leave at the end of next season. Obviously hope I’m wrong but he’s won everything, has got nothing left to prove and the team looks like it needs a bit of surgery even before two or three big players leave over the next season or so.

Agree with this, I feel like it's Juanma's influence too, total possession. Even play with 2 genuine strikers, if Haaland has 2 centre backs marking him then surely it's a field day for Alvarez?

Pep tried with playing Alvarez in the number 10 position and he was good, but his form fell off a cliff in the past 2 months. We've improved in defence recently, and Kovacic-Rodri partnership will prevent teams from bypassing the midfield, but the attacking side is struggling at the moment. Foden was our best attacking player this season and he was almost invisible yesterday. I don't think Pep can trust Bobb to start games at this crucial stage of the season, which leaves us dependent on Grealish firing on the left wing, Bernardo on the right wing and Foden central.

A friend of mine, who has a season ticket at Madrid and is pretty well connected, thinks that Klopp is replacing Ancelotti and to be fair to him he was saying that before Klopp announced he was leaving.

Who knows? I’m only looking at it from our angle, but I wouldn’t be surprised if Guardiola did leave at the end of next season. Obviously hope I’m wrong but he’s won everything, has got nothing left to prove and the team looks like it needs a bit of surgery even before two or three big players leave over the next season or so.
Not sure Pep will be leaving, maybe our summer business will be a good indication.

I can't see the likes of Kimmich rocking up if Pep is off in a year.

Not sure Pep will be leaving, maybe our summer business will be a good indication.

I can't see the likes of Kimmich rocking up if Pep is off in a year.
I agree about someone like Kimmich, but I do think that 99% of players would sign for us regardless.

Other than arguably Madrid, I don’t think there’s a more attractive proposition out there than signing for us.

I agree about someone like Kimmich, but I do think that 99% of players would sign for us regardless.

Other than arguably Madrid, I don’t think there’s a more attractive proposition out there than signing for us.
Don't underestimate the power of Pep.

Without question we are a huge draw for a lot of players, but Pep is one hell of a selling point.

IF he is leaving in a year, next season could be a difficult one, I just hope that if he did leave, Tixki does not go with him, to lose one will be hard to lose both could be a huge problem.

cant blame Pep too much as we are still in for 3 trophies albeit wouldnt surprise me if end up with none or Fa cup "only".
the transfer window was a big red flag in hindsight.

rivals went out and managed to get transfers in to improve first eleven in 2/3 key positions while we did the opposite we pretty much downgraded after a treble win when some new energy, hunger injected would not have been the worst idea.

add to this KDB long injury, Grealish went off a cliff, Haaland form also dropped somewhat, the intelligence of Gundo, Mahrez really missing, (alongside their goals, assists) and also the defense was rock solid last year and quite bad under pressure this time. and Stones cannot stay fit much either.
all this coupled with the very mediocre transfer window and its actually great to go for 3 trophies still early April despite all of this

this month is the moment of truth tho, games coming quick now, another point dropped in the league probably ends that front, we couldnt beat Chelsea in the league in two games we better rip them apart in Wembley and Real will be out for revenge after last year where English media I guess will be out to celebrate Bellingham lol.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.