Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Strange decisions from Pep today.

Stones starting over Dias or Akanji was odd, especially since Stones has been off his game since the last int break. Maybe Pep anticipated the Rags defending, so wanted a more 'offensive' player at the back, but it wasn't like Stones was pinging balls from deep. Really poor first half overall, players seemed clueless as to the approach. Second half, we improved but United were already glad to park the double bus.

It's one bad day tbf, it just hurts alot more because it's them.

Pep f*cked up tactics and personnel were wrong today , but we still only got beat because our keeper made a schoolboy error , we did enough in the second half when Pep changed it , to get extra time , we missed some real sitters yet again.
Only goes to prove Pep is human and like all of us f*cks up sometimes , still the best manager the world has ever seen , no debate.

We’ve seen in recent weeks that a false 9 deployed against us can cause problems, particularly when there is a genuine threat of pace on the counter. We’re only more likely to see it next season, I’m afraid, so Guardiola is going to have to figure out how to render that system futile and how to keep it out. If can they get to our keeper, it’s fine margins.

He's really pissed me off today. Tactically awful. Team selection dreadful. He as good as handed the cup to that pile of shite.

Worse than losing to Wigan that was.

We went from the highest to the lowest point of this season in six days. The pisshead players can probably only remember two of them.

Pep acknowledged he made some tactical errors today.

For me I could see straight away we were not playing at a high enough tempo and that allowed them to keep in their defensive shape.The constant playing the ball safely between centre mid and the centre half made us pedestrian. Not want to single any player out but there were some odd moments for those who have been the mainstay of the team this year. Some seemed reluctant to get forward or commit to moving the ball - we could see that because our first four shots were all speculative.

We can't win everything as much as we would like that - perhaps this loss will give Pep the motivation to use against players just going through the motions so in an odd way it may mean he will be hungry to go again and rebuild then stay a bit longer - the emphasis has to be on not being so reliant on Rodri for 55+ games a season. He looked leggy as did others.

So much as I hate losing to them I am confident that they are still a very poor side and miles away from competing for the league. For us we will tweak and to have achieved what we have again whilst some of our top players were not 100% is pretty decent.

Poor starting line up - but we were unlucky in the second when he changed things round. The ball just didn't fall for our players.

He's really pissed me off today. Tactically awful. Team selection dreadful. He as good as handed the cup to that pile of shite.

Worse than losing to Wigan that was.

We went from the highest to the lowest point of this season in six days. The pisshead players can probably only remember two of them.
Apart from the last sentence......

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.