Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would you leave elite level football in your prime and go down several levels working for the National team?

International football is no longer the elite, it's a job for a second rate manager or someone looking for a less stressful job before retirement.
That might answer your initial question.

Best news everr! Pep is just special and look forward to him back on the touch lines.
The dinosaurs of the English football establishment and their dishonest pals in the UK media have totally misjudged Pep. They disrespected him from the start and even now so many of them are still not prepared to give him any credit.
Some so-called journalists have been actively involved in a smear campaign against City for the past decade. They have been happy to publish and broadcast totally distorted stories about our club and its owner after being privately briefed by poisonous senior individuals from LFC, MUFC, Spurs, and Arsenal before Wenger left. Not to mention our enemies in Madrid and Munich. But there is nothing which motivates Pep more than being anti-establishment. It drove him on at Barcelona and now at City.

Please, don't be mad at me for saying this, but I think you are being too hard on the English team. I'm Portuguese, and I can understand how does it feel to have a national team that it's not going to win anything.
In fact, Portuguese and English teams are quite similar; good individual players that somehow can't make a good team together.
I'm the first person to blame the manager when things are not going well, but in these cases, there's just no possible excuse. We have bad national teams. Full stop. So, as if we were Gibraltarians, let's cheer our teams knowing that we are rubbish and hoping that one day a miracle happens.

Being this said, in no account would Pep manage English team, he is too smart.
I don't know Natalie; at least Portugal won the Euros (2016?) and also the Nations League a few years ago so at least they have won recent tournaments, unlike England. Although they will probably not win anything more as long as Roberto Martinez is in charge...;)

Not directly attributable to Pep but Delap, Doyle and Palmer all scoring for England U21s in a 3-0 win. Testament to our academy. Three other City academy products in the starting back 4 as well.

Not directly attributable to Pep but Delap, Doyle and Palmer all scoring for England U21s in a 3-0 win. Testament to our academy. Three other City academy products in the starting back 4 as well.
Palmer and Bynoe-Gittens with assists as well, lame opposition but still nice to see City’s academy running the show

IMG_1198.jpeg

Please, don't be mad at me for saying this, but I think you are being too hard on the English team. I'm Portuguese, and I can understand how does it feel to have a national team that it's not going to win anything.
In fact, Portuguese and English teams are quite similar; good individual players that somehow can't make a good team together.
I'm the first person to blame the manager when things are not going well, but in these cases, there's just no possible excuse. We have bad national teams. Full stop. So, as if we were Gibraltarians, let's cheer our teams knowing that we are rubbish and hoping that one day a miracle happens.

Being this said, in no account would Pep manage English team, he is too smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.