Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
I did the Nile Cruise for my honeymoon 18 years ago (to the day funnily enough) and it was the best holiday I’ve ever had. We then did a week in Cairo and a week in Sharm diving and it was a superb, buzzing, upmarket resort back then.

Anyway, we digress. I hope Pep is enjoying it And not getting harangued too much by the locals. They were all on the fucking take last year and it did my head in to be honest.
That reminds me,all the locals when I was there ,saw my City shirts but constantly said " Salah!" often in a low voice,misty eyed and a wise expression..this was about 10 years ago..they were right.

i dont know, his style of coaching isnt ideal for a long term project as he has no chill. Its draining for him and for the players, its a bit of a miracle he stayed for so long already, i think he really wanted that champions league.

Next season i expect him to be even tougher because he will do everything not to allow complacency
You say that but we're 7 years in now and we are showing no signs of slowing down

Think the key is a board allowing him to refresh the team and giving him the funds to do so

You say that but we're 7 years in now and we are showing no signs of slowing down

Think the key is a board allowing him to refresh the team and giving him the funds to do so
Yeah, there's a big misconception between intensity, pushing, work hard vs. short term.
They are not the same. Working hard, long, with high intensity doesn't always mean they can do that in the short term only. When people enjoy their job, they can work with high intensity for a very long period. Elon Musk is a Prime example.

People think Pep had to take one year off after managing Barca because a high-pressure job at Barca make him tired?
No, the political environment and counterproductive are the reasons, not the intensity of his style itself.

i dont know, his style of coaching isnt ideal for a long term project as he has no chill. Its draining for him and for the players, its a bit of a miracle he stayed for so long already, i think he really wanted that champions league.

Next season i expect him to be even tougher because he will do everything not to allow complacency
I think hes really enjoying himself. He has a superb working environment and a lot of freedom as well as support. As long as that is the case i dont see him looking to move on.

Most major (ie not inc shields or super cups) trophies won with an English club.

Alex Ferguson - 25
Bob Paisley - 13
George Ramsay - 12
Pep Guardiola - 10
Arsene Wenger - 10

Most trophies including everything -

Alex Ferguson - 38
Bob Paisley - 20
Arsene Wenger - 17
Pep Guardiola - 14
George Ramsay - 12

Most major (ie not inc shields or super cups) trophies won with an English club.

Alex Ferguson - 25
Bob Paisley - 13
George Ramsay - 12
Pep Guardiola - 10
Arsene Wenger - 10

Most trophies including everything -

Alex Ferguson - 38
Bob Paisley - 20
Arsene Wenger - 17
Pep Guardiola - 14
George Ramsay - 12
It's remarkable that he's won almost half as many major trophies despite being here for a quarter of the time.

Do you know how close Pep is to overtaking Ferguson for total trophies won as a manager?

Yeah, there's a big misconception between intensity, pushing, work hard vs. short term.
They are not the same. Working hard, long, with high intensity doesn't always mean they can do that in the short term only. When people enjoy their job, they can work with high intensity for a very long period. Elon Musk is a Prime example.

People think Pep had to take one year off after managing Barca because a high-pressure job at Barca make him tired?
No, the political environment and counterproductive are the reasons, not the intensity of his style itself.

Elon Musk is not an exemple.

Elon Musk is heir and son of a rich slave owner. His father is not a genius, is another thing. Elon is not a genius neither. Just a preppy guy.

Pep took a sabbatical year for reflect on future.

He is a calculating guy. I dont mean calculating like Angela Channing "hahaha I'm very bad hahaha". Being calculating is not bad, is good. In fact he is a good coach because he is calculating. And he solves matches calculating.

He leaves Barça (as a player and as a coach, both) when he feels the ship sinking. And that's not bad. That's fair. Because the ship is not sinking because of him, in fact, the ship sailed because of him.

He is ambitious. He knows he is a fighter, and he knows he is a good coach and a good worker, so he is not stupid and he will always choose the best option. And he will never accept losing his good reputation because Gerard Piqué is an stupid, brad, toxic and immature guy who lives 6 nights per week in a disco club.

And he learned the reason. In catalan TV he told "today there are thousands of players with talent on the feet, but just a few of them with talent and mental force".

He is working for 7 years without problems because he choose "good guys", not "bad boys".

Foden is Iniesta, not Ronaldinho. Ruben is Puyol, not Piqué. Haaland is Messi, not Ibrahimovic.

Sorry for my english Harry Kane style, or even worse.

Last edited:
Elon Musk is not an exemple.

Elon Musk is heir and son of a rich slave owner. His father is not a genius, is another thing. Elon is not a genius neither. Just a preppy guy.

Pep took a sabbatical year for reflect on future.

He is a calculating guy. I dont mean calculating like Angela Channing "hahaha I'm very bad hahaha". Being calculating is not bad, is good. In fact he is a good coach because he is calculating. And he solves matches calculating.

He leaves Barça (as a player and as a coach, both) when he feels the ship sinking. And that's not bad. That's fair. Because the ship is not sinking because of him, in fact, the ship sailed because of him.

He is ambitious. He knows he is a fighter, and he knows he is a good coach and a good worker, so he is not stupid and he will always choose the best option. And he will never accept losing his good reputation because Gerard Piqué is an stupid, brad, toxic and immature guy who lives 6 nights per week in a disco club.

And he learned the reason. In catalan TV he told "today there are thousands of players with talent on the feet, but just a few of them with talent and mental force".

He is working for 7 years without problems because he choose "good guys", not "bad boys".

Foden is Iniesta, not Ronaldinho. Ruben is Puyol, not Piqué. Haaland is Messi, not Ibrahimovic.

Sorry for my english Harry Kane style, or even worse.

Thank you for your insight Pep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.