Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon Musk is not an exemple.

Elon Musk is heir and son of a rich slave owner. His father is not a genius, is another thing. Elon is not a genius neither. Just a preppy guy.

Pep took a sabbatical year for reflect on future.

He is a calculating guy. I dont mean calculating like Angela Channing "hahaha I'm very bad hahaha". Being calculating is not bad, is good. In fact he is a good coach because he is calculating. And he solves matches calculating.

He leaves Barça (as a player and as a coach, both) when he feels the ship sinking. And that's not bad. That's fair. Because the ship is not sinking because of him, in fact, the ship sailed because of him.

He is ambitious. He knows he is a fighter, and he knows he is a good coach and a good worker, so he is not stupid and he will always choose the best option. And he will never accept losing his good reputation because Gerard Piqué is an stupid, brad, toxic and immature guy who lives 6 nights per week in a disco club.

And he learned the reason. In catalan TV he told "today there are thousands of players with talent on the feet, but just a few of them with talent and mental force".

He is working for 7 years without problems because he choose "good guys", not "bad boys".

Foden is Iniesta, not Ronaldinho. Ruben is Puyol, not Piqué. Haaland is Messi, not Ibrahimovic.

Sorry for my english Harry Kane style, or even worse.
Sorry but I don't really understand your point?!

So just to clarify, my general point is: when we have a job we love, and work in a good environment where we really enjoy it, we can work with high intensity for a very long time.

And I said Elon Musk is an example for my point because:
1. He does love his job, and his working environment is where he love.
2. He work with very high intensity, with so many hours a week
3. He has been working continuously for a very long time.

When you said Elon Musk is not an example, then in your opinion, which points (from 1 to 3) is not correct?
The points you mentioned (whether they are correct or not is another discussion) has nothing to do with the point I mentioned though?

--------------------------------------------

From what you mentioned about Elon Musk, it sounds like you really dislike him, and that's fine, I have no problem with that. I myself the same, I don't really like Elon Musk, an example is when he said remote working "is morally wrong", he didn't provide any information or reasonings to back up his opinion, and that's bad. However, credits where credits due, we need to be objective in our discussion.

Regardless, I guess both of us agree that Pep is working in a good environment and he can keep working for a long time at Man City?! This is a main point and if we both agree, then it's good and that's enough for me. :)

Sorry but I don't really understand your point?!

So just to clarify, my general point is: when we have a job we love, and work in a good environment where we really enjoy it, we can work with high intensity for a very long time.

And I said Elon Musk is an example for my point because:
1. He does love his job, and his working environment is where he love.
2. He work with very high intensity, with so many hours a week
3. He has been working continuously for a very long time.

When you said Elon Musk is not an example, then in your opinion, which points (from 1 to 3) is not correct?
The points you mentioned (whether they are correct or not is another discussion) has nothing to do with the point I mentioned though?

From what you mentioned about Elon Musk, it sounds like you really dislike him, and that's fine, I have no problem with that. I myself the same, I don't really like Elon Musk, an example is when he said remote working "is morally wrong", he didn't provide any information or reasonings to back up his opinion, and that's bad. However, credits where credits due, we need to be objective in our discussion.

Regardless, I guess both of us agree that Pep is working in a good environment and he can keep working for a long time at Man City?! This is a main point and if we both agree, then it's good and that's enough for me. :)

I know what you mean.

The myth. There is a big myth in YouTubes, Facebooks, forums, Internet in general, mass media, etc, about Elon Musk.

Neoliberals saying he is a self made man bla bla and all this discourse that pleases so much in the Anglo-Saxon world.
Lies. Elon Musk is a rich guy because his family is rich and because he is a a figure indulged for power.
In fact, anyone with common sense knows Elon is a neurotic and stupid guy who would be working as an ass-sucking director in an office if he didn't have a rich family.

All the speech "he works 18 hours and he is very genius bla bla", come on... rich people with a paid life for birth don't work 18 hours. Others works for them. They just enjoy life.

I know what you mean.

The myth. There is a big myth in YouTubes, Facebooks, forums, Internet in general, mass media, etc, about Elon Musk.

Neoliberals saying he is a self made man bla bla and all this discourse that pleases so much in the Anglo-Saxon world.
Lies. Elon Musk is a rich guy because his family is rich and because he is a a figure indulged for power.
In fact, anyone with common sense knows Elon is a neurotic and stupid guy who would be working as an ass-sucking director in an office if he didn't have a rich family.

All the speech "he works 18 hours and he is very genius bla bla", come on... rich people with a paid life for birth don't work 18 hours. Others works for them. They just enjoy life.
So my understanding is: among 3 points about my Elon Musk example, you disagree with point 2: "He work with very high intensity, with so many hours a week". That's fine, but do you have anything to back-up your opinion, like data, information, news, or rational logic to back-up your opinion?

I need to ask that because based on many books and based on my personal experience in working places, working hard and working smart really help people get money, and even after getting a lot of money, many people still continue working hard and working smart. Pep himself is an example (we all agree that's not a myth for him, I think?), Zidane is also another example, also Eddie Howe. Actually, just forget about Zidane or Eddie Howe, just Pep alone is enough to prove that not ALL rich people just enjoy life without working hard, right?

Elon's family made a huge fortune during the apartheid regime in Southern Africa. They still own emerald mines across Zambia, Zimbabwe and Namibia to name a few. His father bankrolled the apartheid regime also. This is all common knowledge, hate to burst your bubble but all that talk of Elon surviving on less than $5 a day by eating Bananas and Oat, total B.S haha.

Yeah, Back to Guardiola.

And is he likely to become Sir Josep Guardiola? I can't recall exactly why the GPC was knighted - was it for winning The Tr3bl3? If so same rules should apply as per freedom of the City as above.
Get in, our Pep.

Most major (ie not inc shields or super cups) trophies won with an English club.

Alex Ferguson - 25
Bob Paisley - 13
George Ramsay - 12
Pep Guardiola - 10
Arsene Wenger - 10

Most trophies including everything -

Alex Ferguson - 38
Bob Paisley - 20
Arsene Wenger - 17
Pep Guardiola - 14
George Ramsay - 12
Pep has 12 with us. 5 PL, 4 EFL, 2 FA, 1 CL

For me, the most interesting part of the Kompany interview with Neville was a line that was tossed aside…

“3 Diamond 3”

He talked about it being a Cruyff system he had learned about at Anderlrcht, where they were Cruyff disciples.

That’s the formation we ended up with at the end of the season, when pressing was causing us problems. In fact, it was what helped out Akanji in the inside right position to play in Bernardo for the pull back to Rodri that won us the CL AND was the overload that created Bernardo’s first goal against Real Madrid in the SF Second Leg!

Stones HAD been given license to step forward from CB into the RDM position to help Rodri not be shut down and to help us create the midfield overload.

However, once teams fussed this, they simply had a player shuttle forward to try to block this. Most teams were unsuccessful at it, but Inter had it down to a tee!

Throughout the team, they employed the shuttle (deeper defensive player stepping forward momentarily to pressure the ball.

In the second half of the Final, Pep allowed Stones to push up on the right side of midfield when we broke their press OR to help break their press. When it happened, it out the defender in a bind…come and expose yourself in behind or stay and allow the midfield overload to approach your box!

I don’t know if a 3-Diamond-3 is going to be our system next season, with KDB, Bernardo, Foden or Alvarez playing to attacking point of the Diamond, or we will employ some other, or combination of, systems. What will be interesting is to see who Pep thinks is ready to step up and save us €60-80M on another midfielder!

Phillips? McAtee? Palmer? Doyle? Lewis? Perrone?

Will ANY of them start looking like they can fit in seamlessly without a significant drop off in quality, or will they be “rest” subs to give one of the 16 starters a break?

We are LIGHT in midfield. A Gundo-Kovacic “swap” does NOTHING to improve on the lightness across the middle of the park and one more TOP midfielder who can immediately step in is needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.