Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Status
Not open for further replies.
Defeat lays on his shoulders today and his alone.

Why's he playing kovacic as the solo 6, when he's never been able to do it? Why's he playing nunes further up where he's occupying space doku wanted to run into instead of alongside kovacic? What was the idea behind the Bobb sub? He's clearly seen its not working but he's changed nothing tactically by bringing him on, just asked him to play out of position doing the same role as Nunes in the same ineffective formation.

He better find answers for next weekend otherwise we get royally fucked by arsenal and the good start we've had is totally eradicated within a week.

Poor from the boss today.

I understand we have big players missing etc. but he just made shite decisions today.

Why's he playing kovacic as the solo 6, when he's never been able to do it? Why's he playing nunes further up where he's occupying space doku wanted to run into instead of alongside kovacic? What was the idea behind the Bobb sub? He's clearly seen its not working but he's changed nothing tactically by bringing him on, just asked him to play out of position doing the same role as Nunes in the same ineffective formation.

He better find answers for next weekend otherwise we get royally fucked by arsenal and the good start we've had is totally eradicated within a week.
Not to mention that fact he was missing from the touchline through his own stupidity. He has a go at Rodri for being stupid and then does it himself!

I think he does, on occasion, underestimate lower placed opposition and assumes things will work against them. I am sure he wouldn't have made the same decisions against a top 6 team.

I think he does, on occasion, underestimate lower placed opposition and assumes things will work against them. I am sure he wouldn't have made the same decisions against a top 6 team.
No he doesn’t , when lower teams play so deep and on the break we sometimes struggle to break them down and get caught. Nothing to do with underestimating. It’s just a consequence of how we play.I’m pretty used to it now and expect in a handful of games a season. Don’t know why others get surprised by it. It is what it is.

No he doesn’t , when lower teams play so deep and on the break we sometimes struggle to break them down and get caught. Nothing to do with underestimating. It’s just a consequence of how we play.I’m pretty used to it now and expect in a handful of games a season. Don’t know why others get surprised by it. It is what it is.
You would have thought we could have come up with a method of breaking them down by now as it has been going on for a good few years.

Poor from the boss today.

I understand we have big players missing etc. but he just made shite decisions today.
Not sure he could do much today with the players he had available. 4 guaranteed starters injured/ suspended. Getting banned today is his crime knowing the current situation.

I know it’s a bit pointless to have a gripe with Pep, but is it not a bit hypocritical to go on about players needing to keep a cool head when he has managed to get three yellows in five games? If anything he should have a much easier time keeping calm because he’s in no danger of physical injury. A very minor thing in comparison to all the good he has done here but it still annoyed me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.