Pep Guardiola - 2023/24

Have you not watched the last 4 games? We are regressing. Hopefully back to winning ways v luton and kick on but jesus we are absolutely shite right now.
Chelsea and Villa were rough. Tottenham was really good, and Liverpool was good (they had 6 shots on target between both games). I don't think we have regressed. It's just the normal period before mid- season where we are poor (I think we were worse against Brentford at home last season than today for example).

Next 5 matches are pretty easy to build up momentum, and once we do, we tend to be pretty formidable.

Walker to be a fixed starter has to change unless this was offered in return not to sign for Bayern.
Alvarez playing this deeper role is not working. we lose more in midfield due to him and than we win with him in attacks.

most of our issues comes from midfield and wings, we lose so many balls, no control, not enough pressing, not enough help defensively etc.
Grealish in good form and Mahrez alongside Gundo, KDB is effectively all missing this season. thats huge.

Love him but our downfall started when Alvarez form in midfield dropped and he has stuck with him for some strange reason

Don’t want to say too much in the heat of the moment, however his treatment of both Kalvin Phillips and Rico Lewis is at best puzzling, and at worst borderline cruel.

If I was Rico’s dad , I would be furious and if I were Kalvins mum , i would tell him to pull a sicky.

Akanji moving into midfield DOES NOT WORK. I recall he tried it in the first half vs Fulham and we were piss poor, was reintroduced against Chelsea at the Bridge and we’ve been crumbling since. Think the issue has been compounded by the injuries and/or lack of trust in Kovacic and Nunes

Involved in a shit summer transfer window (in and out) and doesn't seem to know how to fit players effectively into his team.

It's a strange one, but we've been piss poor in too many games this season, and it's down to him.

Waffling out his usual load of bollocks post-match didn't fill me with confidence.

Looked promising vs Burnley with Kev in the side but went downhill when he went off injured. Pep isn't completely blameless but there are other factors not helping our cause.

Piss poor yet again. And another defeat all on him. Truth is, his tactics have been wank all season.

Chelsea game aside, every single time we've dropped points this season It's primarily been down to God awful setups that are just so obviously flawed and costing us.

The worrying thing is this seems to be his preferred approach this season. it's not pep having a wacky idea once in a while, trying it, it not working then we ditch it as we've seen in the past. this is it, this is this seasons style. It's not worked at all, United are the only top 6 side we've beaten all season.

He needs to get his finger out of his arse set us up properly so we're not Sunday league levels of wide open on the counter and can maybe start creating some actual scoring opportunities.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.